I can't remember the name of that effing song.

I can't remember who it's by, or how 99.9% of it goes, I just remember a small guitar riff that's repeated a few times, but over different chords.

The little riff is similar to but not necessarily the same as this:

http://media.putfile.com/I-CANT-REMEMBER-WHAT-THE-SONG-IS

I think it might be at the very beginning of a song, there are no other instruments playing, just some sort of effect that makes it sound more full... Lots of reverb, maybe some delay.

It sounds a bit like Sigur Ros, but I'm pretty sure it's not. It might even be Buckethead, but I've no idea.

I don't think this song has lyrics (it may do), but if it does I certainly don't remember any!

Any help would be much appreciated.
Not enough for me to tell anything really.
Quote by Dog454
Zakk Wylde is a Viking, and history has proven that you cannot own Vikings, it's impossible.

POKER..UG
that is the vaugest description that could be lik a million and one songs and if you cant remember what 99.9% of the song is thn its probably not even worth finding out what it is because its probably crap lol
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I didn't really expect anyone to know it (I more expected replies like RAEP YUR GUITAR FOR TEH LOLZ), but it was worth a shot.
Raep Yur Guitar For Teh Lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!

i failed
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
grr beaten to it!
Gear
Guitars
PRS CE22
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
B.C.Rich Warlock Bronze series (raffle prize)
Pedals
Crybaby from Hell
Blackstar HT-Dual
Line 6 DL-4

Amp
Cornford Roadhouse 30
Quote by soulflyV
Sounds like it could be the start of Glasgow Kiss, but its not very similar.

But that's what I thought as soon as I heard it.

im pretty sure it is glasgow kiss by john petrucci. Its played in one position, then repeated in another with a slight variation. then has a little bit of solo stuff and back to the riff again.

Also, it doesnt have any words like the TS said
Last edited by l3vity at Jun 13, 2008,
It's nothing that's been said so far.

It's very slow, clean guitar. I know there's still no chance of anyone knowing it, but oh well.
I have no idea what the mystery song is
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Electric Tears- Buckethead

That has to be it. The clip sounds like it, your description matches perfectly (the reverb, clean channel, long notes).
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all

That has to be it. The clip sounds like it, your description matches perfectly (the reverb, clean channel, long notes).

I'm cool enough to quote myself.

Second opinion anyone?

Electric tears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkTXWWf2TJ8
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by metal4all

That does fit the description very well, but that's not it.

If it helps, I think it might be a new band, possibly a bit indie.
Damn. It fits perfectly. Just convince yourself it's the song you're thinking of.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥