Hi UG,

I have this wonderfull Fender MIM Classic 50's Telecaster which i bought a few years ago. It looks really sweet and it has a suuuuper nice neck and playability. I really like to play it. Though, most of the time is spend on my strat.

The reason for that is because i don't really like the tele's sound. When i plug him in, he just sounds lame. The pickups have a very low output, they are very weak. I don't really like their sound, they actually don't sound vintage in my opinion.
I am looking for some real vintage telecaster tone.
This is the guitar:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Classic-50s-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar?sku=510138

I have the one in two tone sunburst. I love the looks, i love the way it plays, but i just want it to sound better.

More people with experiences with this guitar?

Does anybody has some pickups advice, or any other advice?

Any help is welcome and thanks in advance !
Last edited by oxokoning at Jun 13, 2008,
@forsaknazrael
My amps are a homemade Fender Bandmaster and a Ceriatone Marshall Plexi clone.
My budget +-150 euros/dollars

@marktuazon
I have a strat with those 'noiseless' pickups and they are quite allright, but not really vintage sounding. I'm looking for something else, but thanks!
I'm not sure if he's completed his Telecaster protoypes yet, but I know some UGers have been sporting them...There's a pickup winder here on UG, with the user name CorduroyEW. I'd shoot him a PM. He's all about vintage correct pickups, down to the cloth pushback wire sheath.

That's my suggestion as far as European winders go. Oh, and BareKnuckle pickups. They make good stuff.
Quote by forsaknazrael
I'm not sure if he's completed his Telecaster protoypes yet, but I know some UGers have been sporting them...There's a pickup winder here on UG, with the user name CorduroyEW. I'd shoot him a PM. He's all about vintage correct pickups, down to the cloth pushback wire sheath.

That's my suggestion as far as European winders go. Oh, and BareKnuckle pickups. They make good stuff.

+1

I read about halfway and immediately thought that...

http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/

As far as US companies go, High Order Pickups, Fralin, Wolfetone and Rio Grande all spring to mind
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by forsaknazrael
Oh yeah, Cord also gives a 10% discount to UGers. Forgot about that.

If I ever get a strat I'll get some
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com