View poll results: Good?
Yes
76 52%
No
69 48%
Voters: 145.
Page 1 of 4
Either searchbar failed me or there is no thread about this. /disclaimer

Personally, I think they're pretty damn good. First metal band I've discovered since Iron Maiden(many many moons ago) that i didn't automatically hate. Sounds to me like Judas Priest v2.
Their good for them all to be so young. They recorded their first EP when the lead singer/lead guitarist was 13. So yeah, their pretty good. they sound alot like motley crue.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
they are ok but i think people give them a little too much credit....but they are worth time to listen to
my hovercraft is full of eels
First heard them today. Singer has an unbelievable voice for his age. amazing.
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
Quote by aedmiston
Either searchbar failed me or there is no thread about this. /disclaimer

Personally, I think they're pretty damn good. First metal band I've discovered since Iron Maiden(many many moons ago) that i didn't automatically hate. Sounds to me like Judas Priest v2.

I'm not even a Judas Priest fan and I feel insulted that you compared Black Tide to them.
Oh and,
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=807272&highlight=black+tide
Search button is your friend.
They are pretty great aren't they have you heard about their story at Ozzfest

Well they were supposed to be performing on the 2nd stage but due to them being to young to advertise a kind of Beer they were not allowed to perform after their agent took this to the big man Ozzy in the flesh and after a few hours of negotiating they found themself on the main stage performing to over 200,000 fans

Not bad at all at 14 years old
Last edited by DIV ON! at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by DIV ON!
They are pretty great aren't they have you heard about their story at Ozzfest

Well they were supposed to be performing on the 2nd stage but due to them being to young to advertise a kind of Beer they were not allowed to perform after their agent took this to the big man Ozzy in the flesh and after a few hours of negotiating they found themself on the main stage performing to over 200,000 fans

Not bad at all at 14 years old

I highly doubt it was over 200,000.

And so what? They're a crappy band who's entire career at the moment consists of being under the legal age to to anything and being "so metal it hurts!".

They should either stop writing crappy, made for radio-rock and write some metal, or stop calling themselves a metal band.
Saw them live a few months back and I wasn't that impressed at all.
Quote by Zoso_23
Saw them live a few months back and I wasn't that impressed at all.

+ 1 for me.
"Punk is a state of mind, and no one can take that away from you."
I don't mind them, but calling themselves metal is borderline paranoia.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
I don't think that they are terribly original or good. However, being so young and all, perhaps their next record will be better as they continue learn more and what not.
Member Of Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
Quote by Blackballed
I don't think that they are terribly original or good. However, being so young and all, perhaps their next record will be better as they continue learn more and what not.

they aren't the most original band aroud but it definately nice to see something other then death metal and screaming or growling in metal
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
There are a couple songs on the Light From Above CD that are pretty good (mainly Shockwave, of course), but it's far too mainstream and watered-down. I think that if they somehow have a chance to explore and become more 'metal' they'll be a lot better, but now that they've gotten a taste of success they either won't want to be a full-fledged metal band, or their producer/record label/the media/whatever won't allow it. Both are fairly likely.
Favorite Bands (no specific order):
- Judas Iscariot
- Down
- Immortal
- Municipal Waste
- Artimus Pyledriver
To me, they honestly come across as one of those bands who every member thinks they are "FULL FUCKING METAL!" but thinks anything heavier than Megadeth is "whoa, death metal or some shit".
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
they aren't the most original band aroud but it definately nice to see something other then death metal and screaming or growling in metal

You fail so hard.

Power Metal, Thrash Metal, Folk Metal, Sludge Metal, Stoner Metal, Doom Metal, and many other genres don't use screaming and growling and obviously aren't death metal.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
They are fail incarnate.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Lol, everyone said every insult i could think of :[.

They sound like Metallica raped Motley Crue.
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
music wise, for their age, i think they're very good. i great guitar and incredible vocals. however, their lyrics are sooooo horrible if i actually pay attention to what he's saying, it detracts from the experience quite a bit. so then i just don't pay attention lol. i like them and i think they have the ability to get a lot better.
____________________ ___________________
..............................................I have epic fail.........................................

the whole reason i like them is because its not "turn the gain all the way up and scream as loud as you can" metal you see today

they're a throwback to 80's metal
Quote by aedmiston
the whole reason i like them is because its not "turn the gain all the way up and scream as loud as you can" metal you see today

That's why I don't like them. If I wanted to listen to that type of metal, I would listen to the people who originated it. Not some kids who weren't even alive when they type of music was big. They aren't doing anything new and they aren't exciting. They are only popular because of their age.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Age does not justify crappy music.

Just summed my view up more concisely than I ever could.

No. Unoriginal crap.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
I can't say that they're bad, they're amazing for their age and have done really well recently, I'm just not that much of a fan; also, I'm jealous - obviously - and I find his voice annoying sometimes.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by ..NEM..
No. Unoriginal crap.

+1, This is exactly what I was going to say.
Quote by mexicanmidget88
metalcore is metal, just with more brutality

Quote by Guns 'N' Maiden

Brandon Small Is An Amazing Guitarist and Glen Benton Is One Of The Best Drummers I've Ever Seen

R.I.P. George Carlin

May 12, 1937 - June 22, 2008
Boring, boring tripe.
Maybe U2 wouldn't suck so hard if they stopped preaching and started rocking instead. Of course, that's difficult to do with Pantera holding a near monopoly on all things that rock.
-Maddox.
Quote by 666_Pounder
Age does not justify crappy music.

(Edited to not be another "This")

Yes. I listen to music cuz I like it, not out of sympathy cuz of the musician's age.
Last edited by GeekInThePink at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by aedmiston

The fail, cap'n, it's too strong! We cannar take it! We're breaking up!
To the assholes who think "MetuhL todayz iz just groulin'!lolwut!"

There are plenty of bands who are doing something innovative without screaming or growling. Though, metal should not be separated by 'growling/not growling.'

And harsh vocals rule.
lol.

That is all.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
The key word in this entire argument is AGE. If they were in their mid-twenties no one would even listen to them. They're just a novelty. I actually spent my hard-earned cash on one of their cd's because everybody wuz sayin how they were "the future of metal" and all this b.s. Long story short, I listened to it once and haven't even picked it up since.
Quote by samuwel
First heard them today. Singer has an unbelievable voice for his age. amazing.

Thing is, though, his voice is unbelievable post-processed, you can hear it. It's not pure - far from it. That's literally the only thing I don't like about the band...it actually puts me off a little bit. When his voice matures and evens out I'm sure they can do pure vocals as opposed to digitised, and it'll be much better.
Page 1 of 4