Anyone have an idea of the best possible amp money can buy for one grand?

And not just the head, Im talking about a full system, ready to play.

EDIT: For metal music, me and a friend jam, but no professional stuff... I have emg 81/85 pu;s
Last edited by dlmebag at Jun 13, 2008,
Ive heard good things about the Mesa/Boogie Express series

Anything by Marshall would be good!
You can get the Vintage Modern 2x12 combo for under 1k i think if you shop around.
Dont forget to look for stuff secondhand cos u can get some great bargains!
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Hey I would honestly search craigslist and see what you can get through there. The Peavey 6505+ half stack is pretty reasonable, especially on craigslist. My other guitar player picked that stack up used for $1200. I know you said under a grand but that amp is totally worth the extra $200. I don't really know what sound you are after but other than that I really like the Fender Hot Rod DeVille 4X12. Its just a real solid tube amp for around $600, but its a combo, but on the other hand it leaves you some money for pedals and other gear.
fender deluxe reverb.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Randall has came out with some pretty sweet ****, Krank makes some pretty affordable SS....since your into metal and all. check it out.
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"
Quote by JaredFace
Randall has came out with some pretty sweet ****, Krank makes some pretty affordable SS....since your into metal and all. check it out.

Krank has SS amps available?
I've heard they are making one, but I'm almost possible it isn't available yet.
but for $1000 you can easily get a good tube amp, peavey 5150 combo used.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Rev Junior by Krank? 20W all tube?
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Whatever you think is worth a grand in your eyes and ears..... I was still thinking i should of dropped a couple grand on an amp after i purchased my Ultra because i was still in the mindset i will never get the tone im after unless i paid a couple grand on an amp.. But after a month of tweaking im really glad i didnt, its drastically moved up my list of best metal amps and being you can find them $300-$400 bucks you cant beat it.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 13, 2008,
im sorry i dont think there available yet....but soon
"People worry too much about tone instead of just rocking out"