I'm thinking about buying a EMG HZ H4 and a PA-2 for my guitar... I need a neck pickup though. I'd like it to be EMG and passive.

And does the PA-2 come with nessecary wiring? Thanks!
I'd imagine the PA-2 comes with everything you'd need... but why are you getting an EMG HZ???
Why are you getting EMG passives? the sound kinda... ****ty.

There are tons of way better passive pickups for the price.
ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
Quote by forsaknazrael
Yeah...If you're looking for the active EMG tone, you're not going to find it in their hZ series.

Its kinda like the sterile nastiness of EMG's with some mud and poopy sound added.

Kinda like.. Toneless mud?

ENGL Fireball
KMD XV100SD
Marshall 1960AV x2
ESP Horizon
Maxon OD808
MXR M-108

My Band
!! I'm definitely not looking for toneless mud.

Man, I'm kinda confused on what I want... something that really has a kick. A booster would be cool... I wish I could find a je-1000 though.

Anyone have any experience with J-50bc's?

I want a tone that is high overdrive but still has some clarity to it. A tube amp will certainly help but I think I've got that covered.
Last edited by Seef at Jun 13, 2008,
something like dimarzio?
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I put Dimarzio D activators on my Jackson. They're high output and are meant to be very similar to active pickups. I really like their tone and they are very clear and articulate like an active pup.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC
Quote by shredhead22
something like dimarzio?

Not sure... I don't have much experience with pickups. And they're not really something you can try out easily.
Active Emg's with 18 volt mod.... No more mud, no more sterile tone and still keeps what you like about EMG's.... Imagine an active emg that is more organic and has the feel of a passive...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 13, 2008,
I didn't try out my Dimarzios but we have similar guitars and they sound great, good for fast rhythms and solos.
SPAM:

Good deals: rok-en-rol, truespin, ICFootball62, IndianScout, tinypants, HartRacer86, Huntred_67, Perandor, and many others from HC