I just picked up The Decimator form ISP Technologies and I have to say its not any better than the Boss NS-2 . It does what it needs to but I find that when I chug or palm mute, there is a goofy noise trailing the gate. I just want to know what other people are thinking about this pedal. Its also a bit pricey at $130 when the NS-2 I believe is now $90. Let me know what yall think.
I think it's infintely better than the NS-2, I couldn't find a single setting that cut the noise in time to stop feedback and kept my sustain with the NS-2 and I found a good place on the ISP after about 20 seconds. I kind of wish i could afford one of the rack units, apprently they're even better.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
i love my decimator. was better than the ns-2. i still get a lot of tone from it. i dont have any noise following the gate. i love it and would totally buy a new one if needed
Yeah I think the pedal has some real good things going for it, simplicity being the best. I think the noise I am referring to is just my amp. I use a Vox Valvetronix ADH120 series half stack. Its the older version before the silver grill in the front. I heard that they have had electronic problems in the past, being one of the reasons they changed to the newer models.
Quote by Fungus Riot
Yeah I think the pedal has some real good things going for it, simplicity being the best. I think the noise I am referring to is just my amp. I use a Vox Valvetronix ADH120 series half stack. Its the older version before the silver grill in the front. I heard that they have had electronic problems in the past, being one of the reasons they changed to the newer models.

Do I detect a bit of back-pedaling now that we've seen that the posters disagree with our statement TS?
ohai little sig.
The issue your having is because you have the gate turned up to far. Best thing to do is turn it almost off then hit a chord and wait for the feed back then slowly turn the knob till it kills the feed back. Repeat and fine tune.. Then set it and leave it and your good to go no more feed back...
Sounds like you might have got one of the older decimator pedals before the update. the Pro Rack G, Gstring, and newer regular pedals all have an updated downward expander so it clamps faster.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids