Page 1 of 2
Going to see it tonight after work. Personally I have pretty high expectations, it looks like its going to be pretty intense. Anyone else? Predictions? From what I've seen in the previews and when one of the actors was on Letterman, it looks like theres something that causes people to kill themselves.
We're only strays.
lets just hope m. knight shamylalalalala w/e does better on this then he did "the village"
my hovercraft is full of eels
Im going to see it, i wont spoil it, but i think the twist is terrible and will probably let you down still looks pretty good though, although not as good as hancock.
It looks pretty bad, I can barely tell what it's about from the commercial, and seeing as it's M night whatevers I know it'll have some stupid twist.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
it looks alright his films i think have been getting worse since signs, he seems to have peaked there....ur song mileage is pretty good by the way...
"I just want to conquer people and their souls."
-Mike Tyson
Gonna go see it too hopefully... Looks alright. Nothing too special.
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6
lets just hope m. knight shamylalalalala w/e does better on this then he did "the village"

Well I'm not worried about that because personally thats one of my favorite movies.
We're only strays.
Quote by ixelion
Actually it's M Night Shamalamadindong

I lol'd out loud.

Um, his movies are alright at best but he takes the whole ''fear is what you don't know'' kinda thing way too far.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
OMG i saw it Thursday night
DO NOT WATCH is bad movie!
Seriously crappy and predictible storyline just bad everything bad
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by IRONMAIDENTLICA
it looks alright his films i think have been getting worse since signs, he seems to have peaked there....ur song mileage is pretty good by the way...

Peaked at signs? Signs was terrible. He never peaked, he's just awful.

I wouldn't expect it much as Mr Night said himself that it was a B movie. So expect a horror with the same quality as Snakes on a Plane. But not as cool.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
DId he do "The Others"? That one is probably his best if he did.......
Quote by MedicreDemon
DId he do "The Others"? That one is probably his best if he did.......

No.
We're only strays.
Quote by Deep*Kick
OMG i saw it Thursday night
DO NOT WATCH is bad movie!
Seriously crappy and predictible storyline just bad everything bad

Can I have some spoilers? What/If there is one, is the monster?
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I saw a commercial recently...I want to go see it too
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by jambi_mantra

I wouldn't expect it much as Mr Night said himself that it was a B movie. So expect a horror with the same quality as Snakes on a Plane. But not as cool.

He's not awful. He did Sixth Sense. I love that movie.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
Quote by Broken_Drum
Sorry, that was Alejandro Amenábar.

Oh I only assumed it was Night because of the crazy twist. It's a damn good movie too.

Well, then, Night sucks.
The Fappening.
A pandemic of unknown cause is spreading across the northeast of the US, mysteriously within well-defined borders. Victims experience loss of speech and physical disorientation, followed by suicide: people jump from buildings, shoot or hang themselves, one feeds himself to lions in the zoo, some cut themselves with barbed wire or glass, etc. The protagonist, a science teacher named Elliot Moore, flees together with his estranged wife, Alma Moore and the 8-year-old daughter Jess of Elliot's best friend, while Julian tries to reach his wife. The rest of the film follows them on their journey.

Moore deduces that the toxins are generated by plants and trees and are airborne.

lrn2Wiki, faggots.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I don't like all of his films, but you can't say they're crap just because they are not Hollywood status quo, he tries to do something different with films like the Village and Lady in the Water, and I think he does them pretty well. Two good films if you don't expect the usual blockbuster tripe. That said, the previews make the happening look like ****, and what kind of name is "The Happening" anyway? Real inventive there... then again maybe that will be the point, and it will once again be something refreashingly different from our Hollywood expectations.
Quote by lzrdsixsix6

I loved the Village, I didn't see why everyone hates...

I can't wait for this one too... I wanna see it pretty bad.

But I hate Marky Mark Wahlberg
Quote by innertom
So much down syndrome

remember UG Community? thought so.
Quote by jambi_mantra

Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are quite good. Since then, he's just sucked.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by mikko_9119
I loved the Village, I didn't see why everyone hates...

I can't wait for this one too... I wanna see it pretty bad.

But I hate Marky Mark Wahlberg

Wow, thank you! And +1 to mike also. I think people dislike Shyamalan because he doesn't meet their expectations, which is a good thing. I've come to the conclusion that people really just like watching the same movie over and over again but with different characters and settings.

Plus people always go to Shyamalan movies expecting a twist and just sit there trying to figure it out instead of just f***ing watching the movie.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wow, thank you! And +1 to mike also. I think people dislike Shyamalan because he doesn't meet their expectations, which is a good thing. I've come to the conclusion that people really just like watching the same movie over and over again but with different characters and settings.

Plus people always go to Shyamalan movies expecting a twist and just sit there trying to figure it out instead of just f***ing watching the movie.

But Shyamalan movies ARE all the same movie over and over again.

Here's his formula:
Father(-figure) + child(ren) + creepy guy with unexplained wisdom + supernatural occurrences + twist ending.

Anyway, I do like seeing recycled plots when I'm looking for mindless entertainment. For an actual good film, I prefer something more, and I'll watch any genre.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by break-me-in
But Shyamalan movies ARE all the same movie over and over again.

Here's his formula:
Father(-figure) + child(ren) + creepy guy with unexplained wisdom + supernatural occurrences + twist ending.

Anyway, I do like seeing recycled plots when I'm looking for mindless entertainment. For an actual good film, I prefer something more, and I'll watch any genre.

Well if they are all the same then at least they're still all different from the norm. Besides the underlying emotional function IS different in each of his movies, but people always overlook that side of his films because they just want to see a horror movie and have preconceptions that can only be let down.
We're only strays.
Quote by break-me-in
Sixth Sense and Unbreakable are quite good. Since then, he's just sucked.

True, I forgot about Unbreakable, that is a good film.

If you want a horror, go see "The Strangers" That actually looks good. And if it's already out in the US, sorry, I only say the advert here in the UK yesterday.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by jambi_mantra

If you want a horror, go see "The Strangers" That actually looks good. And if it's already out in the US, sorry, I only say the advert here in the UK yesterday.

It was on TV a few nights ago, which is the only reason I remembered it.

Anyway, *looks up The Strangers*

Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Well if they are all the same then at least they're still all different from the norm. Besides the underlying emotional function IS different in each of his movies, but people always overlook that side of his films because they just want to see a horror movie and have preconceptions that can only be let down.

True, he uses different themes in each film, but the way that he illustrates them always seems to be somewhat similar.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Martyr's Prayer

When did not meetings people expectations become a good thing?

Unbreakable is his best film by far, Sixth Sense was good also.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
I think it would have been a much better movie had the reason for "The Happening" not been scientifically explainable..
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
I think it would have been a much better movie had the reason for "The Happening" not been scientifically explainable..

I haven't seen it (yet anyway), but I'm assuming the movie could be improved tenfold by giving it a different title.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by Zakkmann
well the trailer made it look like bees were killing all the people and to be honest, that sounds really cheesy. am i wrong? i hope so.

how the hell did it looks like bees?!
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by C.C. Deville
how the hell did it looks like bees?!

I believe one of the commercial advertisements mentioned it.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by jambi_mantra

The Strangers got one star in my local paper. Apparently its Liv screaming for a few hours..
Quote by rickyy
The Strangers got one star in my local paper. Apparently its Liv screaming for a few hours..

It's a bloody good trailer if it did get 1 star. Then again, papers always give films that aren't epic like Lord of the Rings, or amazingly indepth and meaningful 1 star.

I could handle that anyway, Liv Tyler is sexy.

The Happening got 1 star in most papers as well.

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Page 1 of 2