I'm looking at saving for a good tube amp. I've heard great things about the Vox AC series. I've searched and found that there are two different models, the AC series and the AC "Blue Bulldog" series. I was wondering what the difference between these models are and which you would recommend.

¦ Epiphone Sheraton II ¦ GFS Mean 90s ¦ Ampeg J-20 ¦
¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
The 'Blue Bulldog' means it's fitted with Celestion Alnico Blues, probably the most famous guitar speaker ever, they were fitted to the original AC30s and have a distinct and magical tone.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
There's a huge price difference between the AC15 CC1X and the AC30 CC2X (€800 - €1600) so would the 15w be loud enough for gigging and is it missing any features of the 30w?

¦ Fulltone OCD ¦ MXR 6-Band EQ ¦ Behringer Chorus ¦ Artec Analog Delay ¦ EHX Holy Grail ¦
The AC15 and the AC30 are very different amps. You should really play both of them before deciding. I'd rather have an AC15 with the Blue than the AC30 without, but that's just me.
Quote by Roc8995
I'd rather have an AC15 with the Blue than the AC30 without, but that's just me.

I have the utmost respect for Roc, but I'd rather have the base AC30 than the upgraded AC15. Hope this helps you go out, try 'em, and decide for yourself.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
^You play mostly fenders, right? The AC30 for me sounds really good with a strat/tele, whereas the AC15 is too thin with a strat but sounds just right with a Les Paul. I think that might explain our preferences.
I use a AC30 (CC1X) with a Gibson Les Paul studio and it sounds great. As loud as hell but can get some really good sounds out of it at whatever volume. Although its the base model i tried a couple of others including several oranges and the AC15, and none were as good as the AC30. I would save up and go for one of the AC30s but never tried the 'blue bulldog' so have no idea how that compares
Right. So since I too play a Les Paul, that leaves me with the choice of:

*AC15CC1X (Blue Bulldog) or
*AC30CC1

Anyone know how these compare using a Les Paul?

Quote by Knobin
I use a AC30 (CC1X) with a Gibson Les Paul studio and it sounds great. As loud as hell but can get some really good sounds out of it at whatever volume. Although its the base model i tried a couple of others including several oranges and the AC15, and none were as good as the AC30. I would save up and go for one of the AC30s but never tried the 'blue bulldog' so have no idea how that compares

Wait, isn't the CC1X a bulldog?

Quote by Roc8995
^You play mostly fenders, right? The AC30 for me sounds really good with a strat/tele, whereas the AC15 is too thin with a strat but sounds just right with a Les Paul. I think that might explain our preferences.

I won't rule that out as a contributing factor, but I'm just really not a fan of the AC15. I find it to be less than just a smaller version of the AC30 with it's tube rectifier and many features.

Quote by JMcG92
Right. So since I too play a Les Paul, that leaves me with the choice of:

*AC15CC1X (Blue Bulldog) or
*AC30CC1

Anyone know how these compare using a Les Paul?

The AC30CC1 is the amp I have. I was happy with the stock speaker until it blew (in a mysterious incident when I left the amp at rehearsal). I replaced it with an Eminince Red Fang - which is designed to be a 30W Celestion Blue clone - and I'm very, very happy with the result.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Hmm.. I could get the AC30 CC2X, which would combine the features of the AC30 CC1 with TWO Blue AlNiCo speakers. What do you guys think? If yes, should I get a combo or halfstack? (They're both the same price). Yes Slats I know I dont need a halfstack, but when it's the same price as the combo? Plus it would mean I could add another cabinet in years to come, though you can add an extra one with the combo too...

The AC30CH with the 2 x alnico blues cab is a very sharp option. For the same price, that's the one I'd get. I was looking for the head when this combo fell in my lap cheap.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Ok so I'll save for that, could be awhile though...
Thanks for the advice guys! Any last words of wisdom?