Page 1 of 2
dragonforce i mean this band is nothing but sore losers i read in a magizine that they said,"the human brain can't handle our solos". well if they can't then how do you play, with aliens or something whos with me.what is the point of playing fast if you can't even hear the solo right i mean jimmy page and paul gilbert are way better then the guitar players for dragonforce
Last edited by elementfreak at Jun 13, 2008,
I think you're jealous that you can't play as fast...
Quote by HuckIt
I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...
i pretty much disagree, i like their solos....even if they do speed them up in the studio
Whether I am a hungry rabbit or a frightened carrot, my home is the same.
They just wish they were born 20 years earlier, let them rock/suck.
----------------------------
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Special Edition Ash/Tortoiseshell
Gorilla 20w Practice Amp with 8in Bass Woofer.
egotistical....but their live shows are incredible fun
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Quote by Slaytanic6606
I think you're jealous that you can't play as fast...

exactly

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by elementfreak
dragonforce i mean this band is nothing but sore losers i read in a magizine that they said,"the human brain can't handle our solos". well if they can't then how do you play, with aliens or something whos with me.

Go suck a horse.
Well, I don't even look at Dragonforce as a serious band.
punk&metal wrote:

why would they star in a movie making fun of themselves

Subject: Spinal Tap.

Chill!
im with ts on this one. they are very overrated. people think theyre sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super because of through the flams and fire on gh. they arent that great.
Member #8 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to join.

Quote by GuitarHero0715
The most ****ed up thing a woman can to do a man is give your d!ck an indian burn, or bite it off.

Only bassist of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Dragonforce aren't so bad... and they CAN play fast even live (maybe not like they do in the studio, but still very very fast), just wath some live videos.
Quote by Winsbury
theyre good guitarists, no doubt about that, but i dont think that theyre good songwriters...

no id put it differently, they arent brilliant guitarists, they can play fast but its fairly sloppy. there are many many much better/faster guitarists out there in metal but somehow dragonforce have got this label of being incredibly fast

the songs however are epic and catchy, and they are great showmen live
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
I don't enjoy their songs, their lyrics are terrible, and they can't even perform live properly. If I wanted power-metal, I'd listen to Blind Guardian or Helloween, not this wannabe ****.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by Chunky_Lover
im with ts on this one. they are very overrated. people think theyre sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo super because of through the flams and fire on gh. they arent that great.

thanks dude your the only one whos right
Quote by Poglia
Dragonforce aren't so bad... and they CAN play fast even live (maybe not like they do in the studio, but still very very fast), just wath some live videos.

Yeah for me singing about running through fire and stuff doesnt do much. Some catchy riffs and epic solos, but in terms of lyrics, message etc. i gain nothing from thier music.

Never say a band sucks though, they seem to write what music they like
They aren't sloppy, there are actually very clean. You're just pissed because you can't even play as fast as Sam Totman.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
They are a fun band not to be taken too seriously and i doubt they even take themselves very seriously.
there tunes are catchy and feel good and there lyrics are incredibly cheesy fun, if you dont like them dont listen, theres plenty of depressing songs out there about how much the world sucks.
frankly, putting on some dragonforce cheers up my day.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
I think that comment from the magazine was tongue and cheek, it wasn't meant to be taken serious. Come on, Herman Li even labels his style of playing Nintendo Metal and then there is the whole fantasy element. They are just a band out there having fun, sure maybe about 20 years too late for the style they play but they're still ok. I just wish they juxtaposed the speed thing a bit more with some slower passages, cause a 60 min CD of 64th notes and whammy pedal is a bit of a sensory overload....
They can play fast, but they're very sloppy. I saw this video of Herman Li trying to sweep pick and it was very sloppy, even when he played it slow.
They are a fun band, *but* not one that I would take seriously in anyway..
I can listen to dragon force for about 10 minutes.. and then my brain turns to mush and I become very uninterested.. there aren't any hooks ya know? it's all just.. afoieawnfh;ovnav;ona;ofi a;ofnaeofnaewofiewiofn .. except on a guitar..
They play fast in studio, and I don't think you can perfectly replicate that live every night. I like the songs, the whole epic dragons and knights and stuff is cool. You can't honestly say there is another band that sounds like them. The "epic" sounding voice, the ridiculously fast sounding guitars, the video game noises. I'm not saying they are the most unique, original band in the world. But I think people think too critical of them, they are just another damn band. Geez, the world would explode if we all had to live up to your standards!

"the human brain can't handle our solos" - I don't know where you saw that, but I bet he was just kidding. I don't think DragonForce is supposed to be taken so seriously. Gaah, why are most metal fans (not all, raise your hand if your not) so critical of everyones words! I've said sometimes to friends that no one rocks harder then Dave Mustaine, doesn't mean its true, (though it is true... SEE WHAT I DID THERE!).
Learn To Grammar
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Damn, you don't like dragonforce. What a rebel. Wanna hear a riddle? Who in a crowd of five is dumber than the guy who follows every trend? The guy who hates every trend for absolutely no reason. Honestly, have you ever even heard them? It doesn't seem like half of their bashers have. Their solos are far from speedy blurs. I don't like them myself, but i don't go spouting my hatred for every band i dislike all over the boards. Enough people despise dragonforce that it stopped being news a while ago.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Quote by The Evil Hat
have you ever even heard them?

Quote by The Evil Hat
heir solos are far from speedy blurs

From your post it seems that you haven't even heard them yourself.
Quote by UncleCthulhu
From your post it seems that you haven't even heard them yourself.

Or maybe i'm just able to listen to music faster than 150 BPM. Anyway, that wasn't even the main point of my post. I don't consider myself anything even close to a dragonforce expert, in fact, besides 'Fire and Flames...' i haven't heard any of them, yet, i'm not going around the board flaming them. If you hate a band that half the forum hates, there really isn't much need for a thread about it. Frankly, no one cares.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
I find that DragonForce focus too much on being fast, not on (insert something that you think is more important than guitar speed in here), and all the songs on Inhuman Rampage sound the same to me. I have them on my iPod, but can only really listen to one song max before I have to switch to something else.

Basically... I'm not a fan.
Yours sincerely,

bobwentpop, UG's favourite spontaneous combustion victim.
Quote by The Evil Hat
Or maybe i'm just able to listen to music faster than 150 BPM.

I stopped reading your post there.

Grow up and then die in a fire kthx
Page 1 of 2