I figured I would get the most responses out of the pit.

Has anyone ever played any type of Washburn? How did it sound/feel/play?

Are they generally good guitars?

My biggest question, how come on the Washburn site, there will be 1 guitar selling for 2,000+ then another for like 300 dollars? Doesn't seem like they separate their guitars.
You'll get more responses out of the Pit, to be sure, but half of them will be nonsense. Go to the right forum, dude.
I played one of those anarchy series ones, it was ok.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
i plyed one once and it was ok.....i'd keep looking if your shopping around for a new guitar.....but thats just me
my hovercraft is full of eels
i've got a washburn and fender and i much prefer the washburn. not that the fender name means it's automatically better...nonetheless...wasburn all the way
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
My friend owns one and he likes it, but take it to the right thread.
Quote by Wilma Fingerdo
Regret is a waste of time, coulda, woulda shoulda. Don't bother with it, and so what if you didn't nail her. Hump one of her friends and you'll feel much better.
iv played a really crappy one, it was really crappy
but i didn't even know washburn made high end guitars
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
They make great cheap guitars. I own one of their 7 strings, and even for a crappy guitar, it's a pretty good guitar.. If you know what I mean.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Quote by NorfIrIon
They make great cheap guitars. I own one of their 7 strings, and even for a crappy guitar, it's a pretty good guitar.. If you know what I mean.

So the high ends will probably be good then.

I'll go post in the electric guitar forum then :P
Quote by cap'n curry
iv played a really crappy one, it was really crappy
but i didn't even know washburn made high end guitars

They do, Nick Catanese plays one, and whathisname from Disturbed has one too. They look like what would happen if a Gibson and a PRS had a baby.
I've had a Washburn BT-6 for about 10 years now, and it is my main metal axe. It has never given me any problems and once the Floyd Rose was setup correctly it never goes out of tune. The action is pretty low, with only a slight buzz on the low E string for about the first 4 frets. The only thing that's not original on the guitar are the pickups. I have a Seymour Duncan SH-4 in the neck position and a SH-12 Screamin Demon in the bridge (disconnected the middle single coil).

Washburn makes low end and high end guitars and yep there is a big gap between them but price shouldn't really be a factor, what is more important when trying out a guitar is how close to perfect it is right out of the box and does it feel and sound good to you. Electronics, strings, pickups can all be changed later. I have a Fender Squire (Mexican Strat) that cost me about $150 15 years ago. It had great feel, great action and the stock tremolo bridge had already been set up to float. I swapped out the electronics with a EMG-DG20 David Gilmour Pre-Wired Pickguard and Pickup set and it is #1 blues guitar and plays and sounds better than Fenders that sell for $1500+ IMHO.
my guitar teacher has a washburn n6 with the tapped humbucker and it's the nicest guitar i've ever played
XBL Gamertag: toasty10
I played one between £500-600 and it was absolutely amazing, although i don't know the model make. I actually saw the guitarist of Fall Out Boy using it last year, which i imagine isn't a huge redeeming factor in the Pit.
Seeing how the one I posted in electric guitar died, I shall resume here.

I have another question.

I was looking at the Washburn X50 Pro, looks nice, I've read some reviews people love it. But one thing I don't get. If its such a good guitar why is it so cheap? The list price on the Washburn site says $1,149.90 why does it go for $699.00 on musicians friend and thats the general price from all reviews i've read.
Ask tubadude.

I own an X40 Pro......best guitar I've ever played.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Guitarfreak777
I was looking at the Washburn X50 Pro, looks nice, I've read some reviews people love it. But one thing I don't get. If its such a good guitar why is it so cheap? The list price on the Washburn site says $1,149.90 why does it go for $699.00 on musicians friend and thats the general price from all reviews i've read.

Possibly because the model is either made in China or Indonesia. The guitars are hand built but the area they are made in may make vendors think that they will not get the list prices. What is important to anything manufactured overseas is how stringent the initial company (Washburn in the case) is in their qulaity control. If they have a high level of involvement and quality control then you can get really nice guitars made from almost any country, and that savings is passed on to us...
I played a washburn dime once, the stealth model.

and loved it.

I really want to get one, and have seen a discontinued one on ebay.

But the new snake skin dean stealth looks pretty funky.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I figured I would get the most responses out of the pit.

Has anyone ever played any type of Washburn? How did it sound/feel/play?

Yes, I have the X50Pro with SD pups. It's amazing, and with a cube 30 = sex.

I also know someone who has a washburn acoustic, it is amazing, and not that expensive.
Overall, great guitars.

Edit:
Quote by valennic
Ask tubadude.

^This. He has an obsession with them or something.
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

Last edited by Neillya1 at Jun 13, 2008,
My first guitar was a washburn and for a starter guitar it was absolutely marvelous. Way better than any squire or other newb guitar for the same price.

They also make some higher end guitars that play and feel very nice, although I do not own way I have played them and can say they are very good quality guitars, just not my style.

Forgot to mention my Acoustic is also a Washburn, and it has excellent tone
Quote by C O B H C
If you want to get really technical about it..

1. Grab sticks.
2. Bang sticks on drums.

^how to play drums.

UG POKER