I have the older Vox Valvetronix series amp, and the footswitch (which is quite similar to the Vox effects pedalboard) is connected to the amp using a ethernet/cat5 cable. I was wondering if anyone new if it was possible to maybe take a wireless internet router and make the connection from the pedal board to the amp wireless? The cable is just so fragile and really gets in the way when playing live and I have to have the footswitch out in front of the stage. A crazy idea but would it work?
It sounds like it might work. I have a flextone that uses the same cable so let me know if you find anything out.
i dont know if that would work, but if you could pull it off it would be amazing. I've always thought a wireless pedalboard would be quite useful to keep the stage cable free
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
I'm pretty sure that this would NOT work. The VT amp has no networking interface to be bound to an IP by the router, then to send or receive packets of data. I can only guess that RJ45 connectors and CAT5e cable are used because they provide enough connections for an analogue or midi controller, and keep things tidy.. instead of having 2-12 mono cables trailing around.

To oversimplify.. you could put an RJ45 connector and jack on your kettle, using only three of the wires, and it would work.. but you couldn't then get it communicating on your network.
Quote by shredhead22
i dont know if that would work, but if you could pull it off it would be amazing. I've always thought a wireless pedalboard would be quite useful to keep the stage cable free

go to products, scroll down some.
BOOM!
Last edited by -MintSauce- at Mar 30, 2013,
Quote by -MintSauce-
I'm pretty sure that this would NOT work. The VT amp has no networking interface to be bound to an IP by the router, then to send or receive packets of data. I can only guess that RJ45 connectors and CAT5e cable are used because they provide enough connections for an analogue or midi controller, and keep things tidy.. instead of having 2-12 mono cables trailing around.

To oversimplify.. you could put an RJ45 connector and jack on your kettle, using only three of the wires, and it would work.. but you couldn't then get it communicating on your network.

Very definitely this.
the rj45 connector is used for convenience, due to all the different lengths of cable you can use.
now, if you're good at programming, I would suggest two arduinos with xbee modems. Basically, you could do all sorts of things. like make the footswitch midi compatible and send the midi data through wifi.

oh, could you post the footswitch model? it would help a lot.
Last edited by low-profile at Mar 30, 2013,