Poll: which colour?
Poll Options
View poll results: which colour?
black
19 59%
brown
13 41%
Voters: 32.
Indeed im getting a new guitar, ive decided on the epiphone sg g400, but now im down to 2 colours. Theres the standard black one, and then theres the brown vintage one. Now i've figured out that they're both the same, the only difference is that im shelling out more money for the finish. Now heres the links so you can see.

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=156 (black one)

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=5506 (brown one)

Now i'd be shelling out like 40 bucks extra for the brown coloured one. Now, im thinking I should buy the black one and save those 40 bucks and use them if I plan to change my pickups, but the brown one looks pretty sweet, now I havent seen it in real life, only in pics. What does UG think, should I get the black one, or the brown one?

Poll coming.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
what i'm asking is, what colour would you prefer if you were to buy it. ^^but thanks for pointing that out, it was my mistake for not making it clear.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
I personally dont like the cherry colour, it looks kindy bright and fruity.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
1st choice, cherry red.
2nd. brown
then black.
if you play metal i would go with black though
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
WHO CARES!!!! get one that flows with your style..this thread is pointless..
Quote by Wrst_Plyr_Evr
I beat my wife

Beating yea bi
I'd buy one offline if I could. That way you can try a few and get the one you like best. Buying online, you're rolling the dice. It's two different models btw, different pickups, different kind of finish (I think), and a different neck profile. I'd go for the brown one (vintage G-400 instead of standard G-400) just because the finish is nicer (pretty sure the standard has a thin poly finish but I'm not sure) and will hide fingerprints and I'm not a fan of the slim-taper neck profile.
It's funny though, the vintage is $50 cheaper than the standard here in the States, only $300.
Looks shouldnt really matter the most, just pick one you like the most and has the best benifits. (cost, for example)

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
I'd go for the black one.

To me, putting a wood finish on a cheap guitar is like getting a cruddy old car with a huge racing stripe down the middle
Quote by Nightfyre
I'd buy one offline if I could. That way you can try a few and get the one you like best. Buying online, you're rolling the dice. It's two different models btw, different pickups, different kind of finish (I think), and a different neck profile. I'd go for the brown one (vintage G-400 instead of standard G-400) just because the finish is nicer (pretty sure the standard has a thin poly finish but I'm not sure) and will hide fingerprints and I'm not a fan of the slim-taper neck profile.
It's funny though, the vintage is $50 cheaper than the standard here in the States, only $300.

I mean i've tried the black one obviously, but not the brown one, i havent found a store that has that colour. Yes the wood finish is a lot nicer, and also, everything is a lot cheaper in the states than here in canada.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
black. it's much more 'teh metalzzzz" but i don't play metal so i know nothing about that. i would still prefer black though.
There is also a worn cherry colour, but as i said before, im not really a fan of cherry, i do play hard rock, classic rock, and metal, and these two colours are the best in my opinion.

But also, I was goign to start a new thread but i just added it here, WTF IS THIS UGLY PIECE OF ****!

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=5505

Seriously, I had never seen it until i was searching for which sg to purchase, and ive never seen one in real life, but that is one ugly guitar.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
Quote by this&that
There is also a worn cherry colour, but as i said before, im not really a fan of cherry, i do play hard rock, classic rock, and metal, and these two colours are the best in my opinion.

But also, I was goign to start a new thread but i just added it here, WTF IS THIS UGLY PIECE OF ****!

http://lamusic.ca/default.asp?szNav=Product&PID=5505

Seriously, I had never seen it until i was searching for which sg to purchase, and ive never seen one in real life, but that is one ugly guitar.

that would be a poor attempt at a "br00talz" SG for extreme types of metal.
I would go with black, if only because... brown... well, it's brown... brown dude, brown. Why are you even considering that?

There are faded Cherry finishes too (same as the brown but not brown, yay!), standard Cherry, vintage burst, 'gothic black' (matte black) and alpine white G-400s, then there's the SG '61 which is the same as the G-400 but with the larger SG pickguard and came in a variety of colours. Your options aren't only black or brown y'know.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.