if i put duct tape round where my lead meets the body (the jack plug its called i think :p will it leave any permanent marks? my guitars black if it makes any difference.

thanks
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
is there a point for it?

But to answer your question, yes I think it will mess with the finish if you left it on for awhile.
it will leave a mark. it will come off with lots of elbow grease and a little but of lighter fluid.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
well there is kinda a point to it, cos i dont want to pull my lead out when im playing in front of people..surely a guitarist's worst nightmare...but ill just loop it through my strap, seeing as though i dont want to damage the finish on my guitar.

thanks for the help

Quote by cornmancer
Put the guitar on. Then put the cord through the strap from the back and plug it in. The cord wont fall out.
Quote by jburnett207
Put the guitar on. Then put the cord through the strap from the back and plug it in. The cord wont fall out.

+1

Method works even better with a right angle plug....
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

Method works even better with a right angle plug....

i used to have one until it broke

Quote by cornmancer
duct tape is a big no way. I wont let that stuff near me, or my gear. or any of my works gear. duct tape always leaves a sticky residue on the surface when its removed. gaffa tape on the other hand should not leave a residue when removed. It should be noted that some cheep tapes market themselves as gaffa, when actually, they arent. always buy good quality tape.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by Hoodoo Child
i used to have one until it broke

Well if your used a right angle and the strap trick and still broke it. I would suggest you solder the plug into the jack, then you are set for life...
Quote by AndyPandy
duct tape is a big no way. I wont let that stuff near me, or my gear. or any of my works gear. duct tape always leaves a sticky residue on the surface when its removed. gaffa tape on the other hand should not leave a residue when removed. It should be noted that some cheep tapes market themselves as gaffa, when actually, they arent. always buy good quality tape.

Gaffers. Gaffers tape. Sorry, but I work with it every day. It's like people calling duct tape duck tape. Pet peeve.

And don't you dare put duct tape on your guitar.

Side note: did you know the majority of tape sold as duct tape isn't rated for use on ducts?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by BaffAttack
Gaffers. Gaffers tape. Sorry, but I work with it every day. It's like people calling duct tape duck tape. Pet peeve.

Fair enough. Where I work, its called Gaffa. I do agree with the point about the duck/duct tape thing. although that actually comes from the actual brand of tape called "Duck".
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Quote by AndyPandy
Fair enough. Where I work, its called Gaffa. I do agree with the point about the duck/duct tape thing. although that actually comes from the actual brand of tape called "Duck".

Perhaps Gaffa is a brand name. Just like Duck, though there are definitely people who call it that out of ignorance not brand name recognition.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by AndyPandy

WRONG.
the US military invented it, they wanted tape to use in water, so they called it duck tape. of course it didnt work too well. people then started using it for duct work, and then the duck tape company was born.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Just goes to show ya that UG'ers will fight about anything...even Duct Tape lol...

So if i have $500 dollars which Duct tape is going to be better for metal? lol

upgrade ur amp first.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
lmao, the sheer knowledge of duct tape in this thread makes me laugh.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by chea_man
WRONG.
the US military invented it, they wanted tape to use in water, so they called it duck tape. of course it didnt work too well. people then started using it for duct work, and then the duck tape company was born.

The etymology of the word(s) is actually very much in dispute. That's one viewpoint yes, but it's not the only one.

<-------likes to actually use the English degree his job doesn't reflect once in awhile.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MatrixClaw
lmao, the sheer knowledge of duct tape in this thread makes me laugh.

I wish I didn't know as much about it as I do, but I had to actual put a proposal together at my job as to why we should be spending 12-15 dollars a roll (more like 8 a roll at the bulk prices we buy at) for gaffers tape instead of continuing to use duct tape as if it were gaffers tape (in other words, to tack down misc cabling like audio and power). Gotta love a government run system. I probably spent more man hours researching and writing that proposal than they were going to "waste" on upgrading to gaffers tape.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣