i was thinking about the Randall Kirk Hammett Signature Series KH120RHS 120W 4x12 Guitar Half Stack. it seems like a great amp with the tone i want. but the only thing is that its not tube. i dont know if i should consider getting a tube. i mainly play metal.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Randall-Kirk-Hammett-Signature-Series-KH120RHS-120W-4x12-Guitar-Half-Stack-605491-i1394522.gc
Gear:
Schecter Synyster Custom
Schecter C-1 Elite
Crate GFX65
Korg Toneworks AX1500G pedal board
Morley Wah pedal
It really isn't that good...save a little more and get a Krank Rev Jr stack.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
im assuming from your icon that you llike metallica. so then i recommend you save up for a krank or mesa boogie or genz benz... they all will give you a good metallica tone.
that new randall stack? thats all tube, there was like a 4 page article about it in the guitar world kirk was featured in like 2 months ago.

EDIT: my bad man im thinking of the rm100kh, i just went to look it up in that article haha
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Last edited by htsktim91989 at Jun 13, 2008,
What you linked is one of the too many overpriced SS half stacks. If you don't mind not getting a half stack you can a tube amp that suits your needs like a Bugera of some sort or a Randall RG50TC...