As a true Pink Floyd-enthousiast I had to have a go at Money. Please crit! I made the backing track myself. Please rate the backing track also! Any comment about guitar technique as well as recording and mixing quality is highly appreciated.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Donka/music/
Last edited by Donka at Aug 14, 2008,
I updated my music, please check my improved version of my cover of Pink Floyd's Money!
Quote by Donka
As a true Pink Floyd-enthousiast I had to have a go at Money. Please crit! I made the backing track myself. Please rate the backing track also! Any comment about guitar technique as well as recording and mixing quality is highly appreciated.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Donka/music/all/play329309

I don't post alot here, but man, that was an incredbile cover. Congrats on perfect timing, pitch, tone and you were magnificantly fluid. You had one slight hiccup that I heard believe; but it was harder to tell.
wow, great tone, i bet thats fun to play when it sounds that good. nice execution too.
If you expect a kick in the balls and get a slap in the face, it's a victory.
-Ardal O'Hanlon

ME \/
http://fwa.dmusic.com
If you're interested in how I achieved my tone, I might post a quick how-to :-).
Quote by Donka
If you're interested in how I achieved my tone, I might post a quick how-to :-).

Would love to hear that.
awesome solo.

Tone was spot on and the timing was great.

Excellent playing

Could you take a look at some of mine?

Saucerful of Secrets Medley

Interstellar Overdirve

Redhouse Jam

Get Back

or an original Lady in the Light
Check Out some of my recordings Here

"Playing scales is like a boxer skipping rope or punching a bag. It's not the thing in itself; it's preparatory to the activity"-Barney Kessel

Join Band of Gypsys
I've recorded that with Garageband, but I get a similar result with my stompboxes and my Boss GT-8.
Well, my 'secret' is:
In Garageband: A fender strat (with 3 single coil p'ups), some compression and at least two overdrives after each other. The first one(overdrive) is set fairly bright with semi-heavy distortion (65%), the second one (amp sim) is crunchy-overdrive-ish(British gain) with neutral eq. Then an eq which boosts a little mids and a lot of bass. This gives very fat and rich tone with endless sustain. A hint of upper-mid eq might be necessary.
On the solo of Money, the first part is double tracked (manually) with a different setting (like the middle solo). Both guitars oscillate between the left and right channel, crossing each other in the middle.

Live I do it this way: strat into Boss GT-8 (settings: rat(dist 60%,tone&vol 50%) amp sim (clean twin: little od, neutral eq), eq(upper mids boosted a little, lower mids cut a little), fx-loop out into my marshall DSL201 tube amp (dirty channel with crunch), hint of chorus to make it more airy and delay. You notice I have 3 different overdrives working. Which means it is noisy as hell! But as long as you play loud enough (that's right, the louder the less noise, with a good tube amp) it shouldn't bother you too much.
It took me hours to design my tone, but for now I'm satisfied :-).
Last edited by Donka at Aug 15, 2008,