Hi, I have an HSS Strat and all the pickups are nice and smooth sounding but the humbucker is really harsh sounding. The treble strings (GBE) sound really shrill and harsh, especially when playing chords. I heard that changing the height of the pickups could help this. How exactly would i go about this? Could you give me a link or describe it?

Thanks.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
There are screws on either side of the pups. Adjust them to adjust the height of your pups. Lowering your pups should solve your problem, although be careful not to lower them too much or your tone will get muddy.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
What amp are you using? It could be part of the problem.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Just to be clear you want to turn these to lower the pickups. Loosen the screws to lower the pickups (lefty loosy...).

Quote by T!AN
Just to be clear you want to turn these to lower the pickups. Loosen the screws to lower the pickups (lefty loosy...).

that.

by the way, are those Seymour Duncan's?
so i shouldlower the right side by the treble strings? How many turns? And i dont think the amp is the problem as the other pickups sound fine? Also, is this ok to do while plugged in so i can test it as i go?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
ya. just lower it until it sounds ok to you. you won't get electrocuted or anything if its plugged in either so don't worry.
ok thanks everyone i just did it and now it sounds much better. ortrigger, thanks for the help.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'