Well i want a wah pedal to play metallica/hendrix and all them. i was looking at the db-01 crybaby from hell and i can get it for 100 in really good condition. i heard dunlops are the way to go. are there any other good or better at same price or cheaper alternatives?

Thanks - MaDDaWg
Ibanez Weeping Demon is pretty good. i personally think it's better because it's already true bypass, and it has knobs that you can adjust the sound and tone. and i believe it's cheaper than the crybaby from hell. i can honestly say that i love mine.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
Quote by EyeHatePunks
Dunlops are not the easiest to use but they sure sound best by far...

that could be argued. see the commandments in this group.
I'm a Mormon.

Gear:
Schecter C-1+
Kustom Tube 12-A
Digitech Hardwire Tube Overdrive
I've always liked Morley wah pedals, but I'm no wah expert. Hell I don't even own a wah pedal.
Quote by ortrigger
Ibanez Weeping Demon is pretty good. i personally think it's better because it's already true bypass, and it has knobs that you can adjust the sound and tone. and i believe it's cheaper than the crybaby from hell. i can honestly say that i love mine.

I disagee, the WD was the first wah i ever bought and i found it to be quite shoddy IMO. I did like the spring switch function on it, but the wah itself never seemed to cut through the mix live. I ended up swapping it out for a dunlop 535Q.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
first of all, list what sound you want and budget. im assuming you want to spend around 100 so i would say go for the dunlop 535Q. its very versatile. Just so you know, there are much better wahs out there than dunlop. if you play higher gain music, go ahead and get the one you were talking about
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
well i wanted a pedal that i can use not only for metal (like metallica) but also for nice clean sounds. i love to play every type of music and experiment. i was researching the 535q and i was leaning towards that if not the weeping demon. How does the 535q hold up on the higher gains?
pretty well. if you use the search bar, theres a thread called the ultimate wah thread which reviews many of the wahs. the 535Q will i believe hold up well with cleans. If you wanted to, you could spend about 100 more for a great wah but it doesnt seem like you would. Plus its not that necessary depending how much you use wah. check out some demos or try them out because you also may not like the feel of some wahs. Personally i really did not like the Weeping Demon because when you turn it on it makes this woosh sound and the pedals rocker is centered, not near the heel. which means you pretty much have to be standing up to use it.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
i found a 535q for 80$ in great condition, and because of the wide range it has i'm gonna go with that one. thanks dzaerpoor for letting me know the pedal is centered, that could have bugged me.

Thanks for all the help guys.