GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
I'm sure there's already a thread on this, but I didn't see one, so oh well.

What do you guys think about him? His pure blues playing is FANTASTIC in my opinion. I just can't get enough of his version of "Kind Hearted Woman." But I'm not such a fan of his not so bluesy stuff. All in all, he's a pretty good artist though.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
Yeah, I like him. I haven't heard as much as i'd like, but him along with I THINK robben ford and robert cray playing "Riley B. King" is great.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Thefallofman
Lesh Is More
1,573 IQ
I only know him from Otis Taylor's "Recapturing The Banjo" album, but his playing and singing are great on there.
Hey, I'm Mike.
rhcp666
10 IQ
BB King said something about the fate of blues resting in the hands of Keb' Mo'.

I love his song Just Like You.
TNfootballfan62
Mr. Blue
1,943 IQ
^That's a lot of pressure.....
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
GD_GC
Master of the Blues Duels
2,005 IQ
That is a lot of pressure.
"Blues is what you got when everything else is
gone." - J.Lansdowne
slidething31
375 IQ
Anyone seen Keb Mo in a movie called Honeydripper? He plays an old blind bluesman and shows up here and there throughout the film.

The movie has Danny Glover and its about him tryin not to lose his bar in 1950's Alabama. It was a bit dissapointing but Keb Mo was good.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Quote by slidething31
Anyone seen Keb Mo in a movie called Honeydripper? He plays an old blind bluesman and shows up here and there throughout the film.

The movie has Danny Glover and its about him tryin not to lose his bar in 1950's Alabama. It was a bit dissapointing but Keb Mo was good.

I so want to watch that now. Do you have a link to a DL?
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
Holy fuck, I just listened to "Just Like You". That song actually moved me to tears, the way he sang it.

(It may just be the heat, though)
Dchild042
Starch and Grease
45 IQ
Quote by rhcp666
BB King said something about the fate of blues resting in the hands of Keb' Mo'.

I love his song Just Like You.

Ya you know your pretty decent at playing blues when ****ing BB King says the fate of blues rests on you.
MrBlues
Feelin the Blues
155 IQ
'Every Morning'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI5LLuQJYl8&NR=1

his voice is really convincing, as in he is really feeling the song, its great.
Feelin the Blues

"The Blues are a simple music and I'm a simple man. But the Blues aren't a science, the Blues can't be broken down like a mathematics. The Blues are a mystery, and mysteries are never as simple as they look" - BB King
Carswell98
*heavy sigh*
393 IQ
man, all these good threads popped up over the summer, Keb' Mo is great, I only have one of his albums but i love it
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
Just getting into him recently, a bunch of good vids on youtube. Absolute genius! He is on the way to becoming my favourite blues artist.
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

"I won't waste my love on a nation" BRMC
ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I want his first album under the name Keb' Mo' (the first was under Kevin Moore), has a load of great songs on it. I have Suitcase and Just Like You, but really want some more.
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
I haven't got any of his records yet, I've just been enjoying the youtube stuff. What do you reckon is his best?
"I didn't mean to kill nobody ... I just meant to shoot the sonofabitch in the head. Him dying was between him and the Lord." RL Burnside.

ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
I prefer Just Like You over Suitcase, Suitcase is much popier with only 2 real blues songs whereas Just Like You has a good mixture of pop and blues music.
RubberSoul54321
UG's Train Wreck
845 IQ
I'm not much of a pop fan so the more blues the better.

ze monsta
I wonder why I stay
419 IQ
It's not pop as modern day pop...It's kinda like Santana Latino rhythms on Suitcase and very varied stuff. Have a listen on youtube and Last FM.