i've been trying out different string gauges and none of them suit me at all. right now i have probably the most retard set i've ever had in my life. 60-60-56-44-18p-14-11.
don't ask me why i have two 60's.

this set and the last set and the last set all sucked. they're way too loose and i'm not even detuned that much. they're too loose for me dropped a whole step. i'm all over in tunings and i want to go anywhere from B to F and everything in between. i dont want them loose when i'm in F or F# but i dont want them extremely tight when i'm in B or Bb.

what should i do?
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
switch to bass?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's because the RG7321 is still only a 25.5" scale guitar IIRC, you really need a guitar with a 28" scale length if you want to go below B.
^^Srsly.... If you're tuning down to F, that's only a note higher than a regular bass guitar. I'm not one to try to tell someone what to do with their guitar and music, but tuning down to F is crazy... I don't imagine the speaker in your Cube can even handle frequencies that low.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Last edited by Wayward_Son at Jun 13, 2008,
Agreed, Either get a 7 string (or 8 but I've heard those are crap) and tune lower or get a baritone guitar (aka 28" guitar)
oh and a question anyway....Why the **** would you need to tune that low anyway? just wondering....
Quote by Ninja Penguin77
oh and a question anyway....Why the **** would you need to tune that low anyway? just wondering....

Because he's a woman and can't make anything sound heavy in standard tuning, just like everyone else that tunes stupidly low.

Tony Iommi is the only exception to that rule.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
Because he's a woman and can't make anything sound heavy in standard tuning, just like everyone else that tunes stupidly low.

Tony Iommi is the only exception to that rule.

Drone doom bands are allowed to tune down to F. But nobody else.

Edit: Get a baritone guitar.
Dunlop Straps™
The best sounding straps on the market

Quote by steven seagull
Justice is this, justice is that...justice is 9 minutes long and recorded in a cupboard full of fluffy pillows
so i get flamed for wanting to tune low? how mature. i don't flame people for always being in standard. i like the sound of low tunings and thats what i play. you guys should respect what i play like how i respect what you play.

the Ibanez i play is a 7 string. but would a larger scale length really fix my problem? because i'm not looking at getting a new guitar anytime soon.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by GoDrex
there's a big difference between F and B - - seems to me you need more than one guitar.

im no genius at drop tuning but i think he has the idea
well i said anywhere from B to F not just B and F or i would just get two separate guitars.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung
so i get flamed for wanting to tune low? how mature. i don't flame people for always being in standard. i like the sound of low tunings and thats what i play. you guys should respect what i play like how i respect what you play.

the Ibanez i play is a 7 string. but would a larger scale length really fix my problem? because i'm not looking at getting a new guitar anytime soon.

i wasn't flaming, i was being semi-serious. there's a reason bass guitars have a much longer scale length than guitars, and that's so the strings aren't like elastic bands. scale length changes the tension, so you'd ideally want something with a longer scale length, perhaps a baritone.

i don't tune down too much, but i can notice a difference in tension between 25.5" and 24.75" scales, so i can only assume there'd be an even bigger difference with a baritone.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there's a reason i play guitar and i also play bass, just not very well. i wouldn't mind getting a baritone because that would make the switch from playing bass to guitar a little easier i suppose, and it'll fix my tuning problem...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Work your *** off for an 8 string...
Quote by Dave_Mc
i wasn't flaming, i was being semi-serious. there's a reason bass guitars have a much longer scale length than guitars, and that's so the strings aren't like elastic bands. scale length changes the tension, so you'd ideally want something with a longer scale length, perhaps a baritone.

i don't tune down too much, but i can notice a difference in tension between 25.5" and 24.75" scales, so i can only assume there'd be an even bigger difference with a baritone.

Yeah but using a bass through a Cube 60 will probably blow the amp up.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Work your *** off for an 8 string...

i was thinking about just living with my problem for now and save up for an 8 string...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by aznrockerdude

true. you need to be careful with the amp and speakers when tuning way down.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It's not the tuning but how you string chords together to achieve a heavy sound.
i don't use many chords when i tune down lower than A.

i'm looking at Warmoth Baritone 7 string necks, should i get one? i'd rather not buy a whole new guitar.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Last edited by ugmung at Jun 15, 2008,
Quote by ugmung

and we're back to my original bass suggestion...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
and we're back to my original bass suggestion...

can we please drop the bass thing?

i want to go lower but still have the charateristics of a guitar. (not a bass!)
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
indeed. baritone, most likely.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by ugmung
i've been trying out different string gauges and none of them suit me at all. right now i have probably the most retard set i've ever had in my life. 60-60-56-44-18p-14-11.
don't ask me why i have two 60's.

this set and the last set and the last set all sucked. they're way too loose and i'm not even detuned that much. they're too loose for me dropped a whole step. i'm all over in tunings and i want to go anywhere from B to F and everything in between. i dont want them loose when i'm in F or F# but i dont want them extremely tight when i'm in B or Bb.

what should i do?

Get a seven string. Problem sovled. That's why they're made
i already have a 7 string. Agile doesn't make 8 strings anyway.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Baritone or 8-er.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by ugmung

i'm looking at Warmoth Baritone 7 string necks, should i get one? i'd rather not buy a whole new guitar.

well you would need to route your pickup cavities out, and then get new pickups. or else you wouldnt really here your 7th string. yeah and a new bridge. you know, so you have a place for your 7th string.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
One of the Agile 7's have a longer scale, with EMGs too. Too bad:

1. LFR
2. ~$600
3. from Rondo music (may not be an actual drawback, haven't tried one)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the $600 one is a 25.5 scale, which is what i have. the $430 one has a 27 scale lenght though...
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
Quote by ugmung

i just noticed this. i don't think that will work.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I said this at the start of the darn thread.

Get a 28" 7 string, a 25.5" 7 string will not be able to tune down to F.

/thread
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I said this at the start of the darn thread.

Get a 28" 7 string, a 25.5" 7 string will not be able to tune down to F.

/thread

no. the threads not done yet! :]

i mean, if i could get a 28" 7 string i would, but i can't some i'm trying to ask for other alternatives.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30

Quote by Bentheemo
is there an alternative way to get a longer scale length?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
me neither.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could ask a luthier to make you a longer scale length, but it's gonna cost you, so you might as well save up for a new guitar or something...
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420