no idea what it is.looks pretty sweet though. i'd get a neck and build if i were you. but whats with the gloves?

edit: are you asking what the wooden thing is btw? coz it's for resting your thumb on when you play with your fingers

oh hang on. it's the other way round. i think it's for resting your fingers on
hello
Last edited by opc100 at Jun 13, 2008,
The wood piece is a thumbrest. Some bassists rest their thumbs on a pickup, but some have things screwed in (like yours). Usually they're a lot smaller, though. Nice looking bass, by the way.
Quote by ElMaco
My last pay check was £0 working 0 hours. I can't believe how easy it was
Hey man the wooden thing is a finger rest, used to get them on older basses, take a look at some early Fenders and you'll see what I'm on about.

To me it looks a little like a P-Bass style body but with space for some Jagstang styled control switches and the like. It's a nice find, would make a very nice building project.

Is the pic flipped, cause it looks like a left handed bass in the photo.

Good find mate.
Quote by smb
Got any more pics? It looks like a generic Japanese P copy like a Teisco or something.

LOL i though that said tesco then. I was like, it's a value bass
hello
Well I know that is'ts a rest. But I wcan't get the guard off. It seems as if the pearl inlays are screwed in the body somehow. The reason why is because the neck pick up is dead and I'm tryin to find a way to get to it. IT's really old - it uses actual magnets!!!
Quote by greennblue10
Well I know that is'ts a rest. But I wcan't get the guard off. It seems as if the pearl inlays are screwed in the body somehow. The reason why is because the neck pick up is dead and I'm tryin to find a way to get to it. IT's really old - it uses actual magnets!!!

Only active pickups don't.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Only active pickups don't.

All magnetic pickups - active included, use magnets.

The only pickups that don't are piezo and optical.

TS, that's definately an odd shaped bass. It seems to be a lefty with some odd pickups, almost mini-single coils or something.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
That almost looks like a Decca Bass guitar. Both Decca and Tempo were Teisco guitar/bass lines. Any chance of a picture of the headstock?
It looks like an old imitation p-bass. Although the square things next to the finger pull / rest suggests teisco or another japanese line?
Quote by Nutter_101
All magnetic pickups - active included, use magnets.

The only pickups that don't are piezo and optical.

TS, that's definately an odd shaped bass. It seems to be a lefty with some odd pickups, almost mini-single coils or something.

Actually, actives don't need one, as the signal can be boosted to high enough levels without a manget. However, a lot still do, though the magnets are weaker than in passives.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
i think it is a japanese bass as others have suggested. Probably made by teisco
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
Quote by greennblue10
Yeah, I know it was made in japan .. Any ideas on how to take off that wooden rest?

Why would you take it off?