it just sounds like notes, i cant get like a flow or whatever, how do i make a solo sound more smooth?
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Last edited by mcraddict81592 at Jun 13, 2008,
practice. listen to players you admire.(not just guitar player.) practice. practice. practice.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
This is a great case of theory overtaking the ear.

You gotta play what you hear in your head man, not what looks good on paper. It doesn't always work that way. If you don't feel the solo it's gonna sound thin and crap anyway - no matter if the scales are correct or not, it'll come across as weak. Don't get me wrong - theory's all well and good, but you've gotta find a balance.

If that's not the problem, it just takes time. Be patient. It isn't learned over night. It takes years to become proficient with solos.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I have a hard time figuering out what you're meaning. I suspect that maybe you'd want to use some bendings, hammer-ons, pull-offs and vibrato to spice things up. Remember that you need a good strong melody to begin with, the little extras I mentioned are just 'the icing on the cake'.
Legato and vibrato.

Legato= Sliding around and stuff

Vibrato= bending the note to make it "vibrate".

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Playing melodically can be aided by some music theory. Changing scales with the chord changes works well. Listen to "Black Magic Woman" by Santana...that's ag reat example of it.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Traynor YCV 50 Custom Blue

Quote by Dee'snutz
YES! you, Dazed/confused, are a genius. my thanks to you, good friend