steel/nylon?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I would recomend the Ibanez EW20ASE Acoustic Electric - its about 379.99 new, and sounds excellent, although it is a little quieter than the standard acoustic, which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you do with it, it is definately the best sounding guitar I have played in that price range.
Quote by StuntPenguin007
I would recomend the Ibanez EW20ASE Acoustic Electric - its about 379.99 new, and sounds excellent, although it is a little quieter than the standard acoustic, which may or may not be a good thing depending on what you do with it, it is definately the best sounding guitar I have played in that price range.

Yeah I wouldnt do this is you want good value for money. Ibanez make some pretty terrible value guitars and have some big issues with quality control. The ones that have no quality issues just aren't good compared to other stuff out there. They just dont sound good at all. And before someone jumps in and suggests Fender's, the same thing applies. They dont have the same quality issues but they just make crap acoustics.

Have a look at this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075

It has suggestion for guitars under $300 so it has stuff within your price range. It also gives a good indication of brands to look at, as in the sub $400 range, those same brands will still probably be your best bet.
Quote by johnos
Yeah I wouldnt do this is you want good value for money. Ibanez make some pretty terrible value guitars and have some big issues with quality control. The ones that have no quality issues just aren't good compared to other stuff out there. They just dont sound good at all. And before someone jumps in and suggests Fender's, the same thing applies. They dont have the same quality issues but they just make crap acoustics.

Have a look at this thread:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337075

It has suggestion for guitars under $300 so it has stuff within your price range. It also gives a good indication of brands to look at, as in the sub $400 range, those same brands will still probably be your best bet.

Agreed. Avoid ibanez. as far as im concerned, most of those exotic and art wood guitars are just pretty but sound like crap compared to what else you could buy for the same price. My Art & lutherie cedar top will sound better than any ibanez in that price range, i guarantee it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
yamaha fg730s..bout $300, sounds great, go play one
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"