I really like the Jimi Hendrix and Metallica sounds but I also want to have a great clean sound too and I have been searching and think that I might settle with the Fender Highway One which has the single coils to give me nice Hendrix and Strat sounds and the humbucker for more hard rock and metal sounds (also I can replace that humbucker with an EMG or Seymour Duncan if I want more metal). Any suggestions or does this explination make no sense.
I think if you wanted a metal guitar you would settle for something thicker and mahogony but thats just me. Up to u.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
for the thingsyou wanna play it makes perfect sense...tht is prolly the route i wouldve gone if i liked the hendrix stuff but i is a more metal man me self so humbuckers it was..but yea go with that if it fits ur tastes
What you're saying makes sense, ts. The guitar your thinking of will not be an uber-br00tal-metal-machine, but highly flexible and should give you still enough output for some serious rock and metal. If you want to change the pickups though, remember that you can't just mix the passive single coils with an active EMG humbucker. I recommend getting a high gain passive humbucker for a great metal tone, like the Seymour Duncan SH-5.