Im really f**king nervous about a show i have tonight. So the question is how do you guys wind down before the gig? I'm having alot of trouble... any help is greatly appreciated.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
A handjob.

Step 1. Talk to a girl.
Step 2. Ask her to meet you in the closet.
Step 3. She shows up: She gives you a handjob.
She doesn't show up: Jack off.
Step 4. You get some hand action.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
A handjob.

Step 1. Talk to a girl.
Step 2. Ask her to meet you in the closet.
Step 3. She shows up: She gives you a handjob.
She doesn't show up: Jack off.
Step 4. You get some hand action.

you missed ???? and PROFIT!

fail.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
In b4 weed.

EDIT: But seriousely...listen to music. Just any music. It doesn't even matter what.
The.
Go to the bar. And force all the whiskey you can down your throat.

Trust me you'll play like a legend.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
In b4 weed.

hoi. i got beaten to it.
jacking off helps, drinking a little bit but not too much ummmmm just be cool, have a mosh do whatever.
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Quote by asator
you missed ???? and PROFIT!

fail.

Fagchan is fag.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
have a conversation, take your mind off it
Quote by Ross724
whats harder than nailing a dead baby to a tree

nailing a live baby to a dog
seriously, take a dump. take slow, deep breaths. you'll be fine. just have fun.

EDIT: do the breathing excercies at the gig, not while taking the sh*t
Last edited by strat335 at Jun 13, 2008,
Train your pOkEmOns up to lvl 99 if you have time and pwn the audience with your PoKeMoNs!
Just wanna say thanks for the suggestions guys. I appreciate it.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
alcohol gives me confidence.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Quote by guitar12
Train your pOkEmOns up to lvl 99 if you have time and pwn the audience with your PoKeMoNs!

ummm...no

take deep breaths right before you go onstage. and do things that take youre mind off it. play guitar, listen to music, watch tv or whatever else you do in your spare time
stretch/excercise, playing becomes less effort, at least for the first 20 minutes, by which time you'll be confident enough to carry on alone
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Have a couple of beers or something, but make sure it is not enough to affect your performance, that would be being an asshole.
Quote by pandemek
two words : weed

sigged also
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
Don't smoke weed!! Maybe have a light beer just to loosen you up a little bit but not effect your playing. Or get ****-faced, then if you fail on stage you can blame it on drink.
Quote by clapton-floyd
Don't smoke weed!! Maybe have a light beer just to loosen you up a little bit but not effect your playing. Or get ****-faced, then if you fail on stage you can blame it on drink.

i actually dont do weed so thats out of the question. Im not much of a drinker. Only on occation. I wouldent get ****faced. thats just asshole.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
i have what i call 'stardom'
its a mode that i get into and i am a ****ing legend. i pretend i have been doing this forever and everyone loves me.
Soak your hands in a bowl of water saturated with Epsom salt.

Really loosens up your fingers.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Soak your hands in a bowl of water saturated with Epsom salt.

Really loosens up your fingers.

hmm... i should do that. I am pulling a couple bass solos tonight.
Quote by metalcore123

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
i have what i call 'stardom'
its a mode that i get into and i am a ****ing legend. i pretend i have been doing this forever and everyone loves me.

this, also, remember, the audience is there to see YOUR band, and to see YOU. I have messed up many times in gigs, but, most of the time, I'm the only one that notices. remember, you are your biggest critic, but just let it slide off, if they don't like it, screw them. I like to have 4-5 vitamin waters, they get me pumped up, and make me not worry. and remember, the worst thing you could do is worry so much that you don't even have fun. Just remember, you get to do what you (most likely) love and maybe your getting paid. and, up to a point, you could just rely on muscle memory.

Hope this helps, good luck
cheers!
take a few shots until you are buzzed, but can still play.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together