Hi all,

Hi, i have a Line 6 Pod X3 and a skinny 75w Spider III Amp and it sounds really hissy when the volume is turned all the way up as required for band practice and stuff...

so i was wondering if anyone's ever tried plugging a like say 4x12 cab straight into a pod. If so could you tell me what it was like...If not then could you share your expert predictions on what it would be like?

thanks all.
You would get little to no sound. The POD doesn't produce a signal strong enough to push the speakers in the cab; you need a power amp to amplify the signal to a level that can actually move the speakers.

As for the hiss; are you using a high-gain setting?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah, im basically using a clean setting for the amp itself, and using high gain on my pod, if the volume on the amp is about half way then it sounds all good, anything higher you cant even tell what chord I'm trying to play, its like 95% treble
Quote by Plutoniummatt
Yeah, im basically using a clean setting for the amp itself, and using high gain on my pod, if the volume on the amp is about half way then it sounds all good, anything higher you cant even tell what chord I'm trying to play, its like 95% treble

What abot turning up POD's volume?
lol that creates a strage problem, if the pod's volume is turned up to anything greater than 1/3 then low gain/clean sounds become distorted by my amp lol
Quote by Plutoniummatt
lol that creates a strage problem, if the pod's volume is turned up to anything greater than 1/3 then low gain/clean sounds become distorted by my amp lol

Well that means you're overdriving the input of your amp which, in SS/modelling amps, sounds terrible.

As for the other volume problem I'm not sure what the problem might be; I have never owned or operated a Spider or POD. You might be distorting the output of the amp but I really don't know.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
line 6 amps r not good for bands and shows as i learned. and i dont think that the pod would work like that
Quote by TomGates
line 6 amps r not good for bands and shows as i learned. and i dont think that the pod would work like that

Correction:

Quote by TomGates
line 6 SPIDER amps r not good for bands and shows as i learned. (high and line 6's are) and i dont think that the pod would work like that

05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Sell the spider and get you a decent power amp and cab. If you wanting to stick with modelling. Also the hiss comes with the territory if your going to go with modelling preamps. Thats the reason i got rid of mine...
Just part of modelling amp they dont like pedals much. People usually get modelling amps so they dont need a bunch of pedals. Not a cheap or easy solution to your problem. Easiest would be some sort of amp with out all the digital modelling stuff if you want to use the pod.
Plug the POD straight into the FX loop return (or "power amp in") jack of the spider if it has one.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music