I am curious how many of you have used this book.I have it and it seems better than Petruccis rock discipline dvd.But Iwant to see how many have actually had sucess with his material and do you have any suggestions for any more books or dvds?
It's good. But, like other exercises books, it's only as good as your practice. He
does at least address practicing in one of the chapters.

"Sheets of Sound" is also a good exericise book, but it's focused on scales and
scale studies and contains stuff you're more likely to use in a solo.
I own both Rock Discipline and Speed Mechanics, but i'd have to say that Rock Discipline is better. It just has more concrete exercises. But, Stetina does discuss the book very well, better than Petrucci.
I go to eleven..........
I actually e-mailed him about the book.
He says that he reccomends working through the exercises, like one a week for a few minutes. When you get fairly good at the exercise you can move on to the others.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Although you should start with metal lead guitar, his other book
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
go on stetina.com and it has his email address