--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been searching for amps for the last 2 months or so and im starting to get really tired. Im hoping you guys can help me out. I want a low wattage amp with decent cleans (dont have to be fenderish) and good crunch sounds. When i say low wattage i mean around 5. My budget is about $1000, hopefully less.

What im looking at:
Mesa 5:25 (used) - Basically perfect but expensive
Egnater Rebel W/ 1x12 Cab (Would rather have footswitchable amp but whatever) - a little pricey but seems very versatile
Blackheart BH5 W/ Pedals (would rather not go through ith this approach as it is never ending to search for the right pedal and i would rather not have to deal with them)

Are there any you could recommend? Boutique, mass produced, whatever. I just want quality.

Thanks.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by DuhSpesoBoyz
Get a peavey. I love mine.

thats pretty vague and basically no help at all...
i would agree with the orange tiny terror combo suggestion, or just get the TT head and a 1x12 or 2x12 cab.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Also, Peavey Classic 30/50. It's perfect for classic rock, not very expensive, built like a tank. If you were from UK I'd recommend Laney VC30 or VC15 I assume that you're a Yankee so whatever Laneys are overpriced in the US (still very good amps)

EDIT: Damn, I've just noticed that you want a 5 watter Tiny Terror should be OK, especially that it has 7/15 watts switch.
Last edited by zombiak at Jun 13, 2008,
i would much rather get an egnater rebel than a tiny terror. any others?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by zombiak
Also, Peavey Classic 30/50. It's perfect for classic rock, not very expensive, built like a tank. If you were from UK I'd recommend Laney VC30 or VC15 I assume that you're a Yankee so whatever Laneys are overpriced in the US (still very good amps)

im looking for little to unknown amps. why would you say the most suggested ones here? and i said that i wanted lower wattage...please read the initial post first.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
I've corrected myself, you should be OK with Tiny Terror. And I recommended these amps not because they are the most suggested ones here - just because they are good, I've played both on Classics and VC series. It's a shame that there isn't a Peavey Classic 15 or something like that.
I have been watching the Rebel, it's now slated for a late July/early August release in GC. The cabs also look cool with the new "Tone Bra" thing. I think it has the coolest features of all the amps listed and most amps in its price range. Of the amps listed and sub $1000 amps, I would say it seems like it would do what you want really well.
Guitar
Ernie Ball Music Man Silhouette Special
Washburn WI64
Martin D-15
Amps
1960s Harmony
Rocktron/Egnater TOL 50 2x12
Rivera Chubster 55
FX
Fulltone OCD v.1
Keeley TS808
Voodoo Labs Superfuzz
Wilson WH10
Boss DD-20
so you guys dont know any lesser known amps. everyone knows a TT and a classic 30. Im loking for lesser know sub 1000 amps. anone know any?
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Quote by dzaerpoor
so you guys dont know any lesser known amps. everyone knows a TT and a classic 30. Im loking for lesser know sub 1000 amps. anone know any?

Vintage fender champ, or a clone of one. check out ceriatone champs clone. If you are good with soldering you could build it yourself pretty easy. Or you could buy a valve jr and mod it.
My Stuffs
Whammy->DL4->Holy Grail->MXR 108->Mesa Rectoverb
OCD->Sun Face->Big Muff->535Q->DL4->Orange TT
I'm Sick and Tired of Searching for Amps

when all I can find is this lousy "-" key...

Not exactly "lesser known" but hey...

http://zvexamps.com/amp_view.html
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jun 13, 2008,
yeah i was thinking of that but i would like to get some nice cleans at some point too. I guess ill just go with the Mesa 5:25 or the egnater rebel.
ODEN 08 'RISE WITH US'
Get an f-30 with an attenuator if you like the sound of the express. I feel that the f-30 sounds better and with an attenuator you could crank it and still not piss off the neighbors.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
look into a ceriatone lightning or spitfire.. 15w (they can mod it with a half power switch)
i have their C-30 and it's brilliant.
and it'll be less then a grand, which should leave enough for a decent cab
Matamp Little Rock, goes for around £300 new. Very similar to a Tiny Terror but with vastly improved sound quality
i haven't tried egnaters, but they're meant to be nice.

if you were in the UK, a laney lionheart might be worth a look. considering you're in the USA, though, it might be too expensive.

ditto a cornford harlequin.

i'd probably look boutique, to be honest, with that budget and that low wattage requirement, you should be able to find something close to what you want.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?