any of you that have made them, does the neck have to be made from poplar or can it be made of anything. where do you get poplar
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
what the hell is a cigar box guitar? a guitar made of cigar boxes? u get poplar from the lumbar yard. but always get it a couple inches short to save money. then ask one of the workers for the board stretcher. it saves alot of money. my dad always did it when he built the sheds and he saved like $100 bucks.
so like you can get it a like lowes
(\__/)
yea you should be able to. but remember, do what i told you. on every board. ooh, and remember, the boards arent the actual sizes. if a board says its 1'', then its really 3/4''. what size boards do you need, ill tell u the sizes. its really a pain in the ass if you dont know
Googled it, it looked sexy.
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
it's suppose to be 1"x2"
(\__/)
Quote by bandet232
it's suppose to be 1"x2"

ok then the board you get would actually be 3/4''X1 3/4''. its really gay. but the mill cuts to the true size, and then sands some off. the bigger the board, the more you lose to sanding. at 6'' you lose 1/2 inch.
It can be made of anything, if you want to use a ruler you can. The whole spirit of making instruments like cigar box guitars is using whatever you have lying around like the old blues guys that didn't have acces to real instruments. But if you have your heart set on poplar you can buy it at a lumber yard, hardware store, you know places like that...
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be
what the hell is a cigar box guitar? a guitar made of cigar boxes? u get poplar from the lumbar yard. but always get it a couple inches short to save money. then ask one of the workers for the board stretcher. it saves alot of money. my dad always did it when he built the sheds and he saved like $100 bucks.

seriously, ask about the board stretcher...
member #4 of the lynyrd skynyrd fan club!

Hell yaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Quote by wshnationals
hell yes, redneckrocker2, hell yes.
i mean if you measure it it is suppose to be 1"x2"
(\__/)
is there a chart for that kind of thing
(\__/)
what do you make the bridge and nut out of
(\__/)
Quote by u.s.m.c.to-be

lol i told someone in my shop class to do that last year the teachers face was priceless
what do you make the bridge and nut out of like just wood or some thing
(\__/)
I got mine at Wal-Mart :P
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I have a friend that made one. I never did see it, just in a picture. Sounds pretty cool though...just to mess around with.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.