hey, our band has recorded our first song, and yeah the recordin is kinda shabby as its only the line out of my amp and the drums are done on the keyboard but i reckon its Ok.

Tell me what you think and ill happily accpet any constructive criticism. Its metal, and the rest of our songs are mcuh better than that one so theres more to come! When the drummer can be arsed to turn up that is!! grr.

Thanks guys

Also, feel free to add us, we'd like to make as many friends as possible, and people from UG tend to be cool

http://www.myspace.com/dismantlepeace <is the link
Last edited by guitar_mad_ali at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by guitar_mad_ali

thank you
AWESOME!!!!!!! like WOW. seriously that was really good. when you get a drummer and better recording quality that will sound really incredible.
EDIT:
Quote by LaGrange
Bit sloppy but meh.

i agree it was a bit sloppy. clean it up and it has a lot of potential
A BEER STEIN FULL OF GUMMY BEARS
Last edited by tkajr7 at Jun 13, 2008,
Bit sloppy but meh.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO LET YOUR MIND SPREAD WINGS AND TAKE FLIGHT

Quote by KeepOnRotting
+Infinity. This dude knows good metal.
Quote by tkajr7
thank you
AWESOME!!!!!!! like WOW. seriously that was really good. when you get a drummer and better recording quality that will sound really incredible.

cheers that means a lot

also other guy, very conctructive their thanks.
Typical metalcore stuff...nothing special. A bit sloppy too + your drummer isn't on time, work on that. Ok-ish I guess, if it weren't for the cliché metalcore riffs which I hate.
Quote by Pingis_Or_Death
Typical metalcore stuff...nothing special. A bit sloppy too + your drummer isn't on time, work on that. Ok-ish I guess, if it weren't for the cliché metalcore riffs which I hate.

yeah its not a massively serious recordin. and the drums are me on the keyboard that was damn hard. and yes its cliché but its our first one, and the rest are a lot better than that
The guitar work is friggin heavy, and I love your tone. I know the drums were done with a keyboard, but they were still really off time, and in turn that made you guys off time as well. When you get a good drummer, it should clear this problem right up like a bottle of Oxy-Clean.

But otherwise, that was a suprisingly decent recording for what you said you used.

My advice: get someone who can actually sing! I mean, maybe putting some screaming and growling in there every once in a great while, but I think you guys wouldn't sound as good as an emo-ish/metalcore band, and besides, you'd get the crap flamed out of you here on UG . Then again, you could get a vocalist like Max Cavalera or the guy from Dethklok... (lol can't remeber his name) and you guys would still sound awesome.

Practice alot together, you'll get to a point when you just know what your bandmates are going to play next and how they'll play it. That is the most awesome feeling the world, when you can work as a unit making the music you love.

Stay positive, stay heavy, and stick to your roots.
Last edited by The Magickan at Jun 13, 2008,
pretty cool, a bit to modern or metal core for my tastes though. you really need to scoop your mids. still, i enjoyed it, really wanted to make my head bang even though i hesitated because i would look like a complete idiot in front of my step dad.
Pretty cool guitar parts. I like the tone. I can definitely hear the COB influence.
Drummer sucks IMO. Off time, and just bad beats in other parts. Sounds like a beginner.

Guitar parts sounded cool, Drums f'ed up the whole song. Also could have been mixed better too. Wished there was some sort of guitar solo.

Not too bad. Better drummer and you've got something.

Mine?
http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873106
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
If it makes you feel any better, your band still has not made a recording. Without a real drummer, you don't have a band.
Last edited by ZigZag0420 at Jun 16, 2008,