I have focused on lead for so long that all i do is play lead,and I used to be a pretty good rhythm guitarist but now my rhythm is olny descent I want to do some odd rhythms like a gallop followed by a reverse gallop any execises or riffs would help greatly.
umm i think that BYOB by system of a down should be kinda hard.
"We are the music makers... and we are the dreamers of dreams." - Willy Wonka
Spheres Of Madness - Decapitated. Especially the intro but the rest of the song is pretty tricky as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfRGF-MWYsE
Disposable Heroes - Metallica (somewhere in the middle of the song (?))
Thrasher- Evile (intro)
Spheres Of Madness is easily the hardest one out of those three.
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 13, 2008,
thrash is what I play.as for disposable heroes I played that about 4 years ago and systems too easy I need something like E SS SS E E SS
Quote by Metal Society
thrash is what I play.as for disposable heroes I played that about 4 years ago and systems too easy I need something like E SS SS E E SS

Well have you looked at Spheres Of Madness as I advised?
You could always check out Meshuggah if you want complicated stuff RHYTHM-wise. Milennium Cyanide Christ is a bitch to play timing wise, it's not that difficult otherwise but it's really hard to get the timing correct...
Last edited by Pingis_Or_Death at Jun 13, 2008,
If you have an 8 string, go play Meshuggah. As you probably don't have an 8, just take their rhythms and practice them with some power chords or whatever.
Quote by Metal Society

Well, why don't you figure it out yourself? There's only so many combinations of rhythms in a bar made of E and S...
Meshuggah's Bleed will redefine your definition of picking stamina. And, really tough rhythm. In fact, most Meshuggah rhythms are hard... Check for yourself:

http://www.myspace.com/meshuggah
Quote by MoogleRancha
It's like Fenriz and J. Read

"I'm so happy to love metal and stuff"

"I AM metal"
Hey don't forget the weirdest type of gallop, eSe.

And if you want hard rhythms try Iced Earth's stuff. Stormrider for example is quite hard, well for me, galloping at 200 bpm is just crazy.
Originally Posted by SkyValley
yeah im a virgin but im also pretty good at things like ping-pong and drawing pictures of people playing water polo so it balances out
Quote by Baasoromyuu
Hey don't forget the weirdest type of gallop, eSe.
There is one type of gallop: eSS. Anything else is just a combination of eighth and sixteenth notes.
^ Nope, you got it backwards.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Quote by Galvanise69
So the gallop is..

Im assuming S = Semiquaver, and E = Eighth Note?

The real gallop is, E S S

The reverse gallop is, S S E

The 'other' gallop, (or the rhythm for the theme to "Tintin") S E S

Right?

There isnt any 'other gallop'. There's just ESS, and SSE.
Quote by MoogleRancha

"I AM metal"
Slayer, Pantera, Some Metallica songs, BYOB by System of a Down is surprisingly challenging and is also extremely fun.
Quote by Burning_Angel
There isnt any 'other gallop'. There's just ESS, and SSE.
Again, the only rhythm called the gallop is ESS. SSE is the "reverse gallop" and SES is something else.

Triplets are not the gallop either.

Learn your nomenclature, folks.

E=8th notes
S=16th note
THanks guys you really helped alot now if only I can Get myself to Practice rhythm like I do leads I would be on the right track
Rational Eyes by Threat Signal. Matter of fact any Threat Signal song will do. Plus they got some badass leads too.