i guess this goes here?

anyway I've only listened to Ambient 1 and Ambient 2 and I lvoe those albums.

so any other fans? becuase i know hes got a huge catalogue of albums and I would like to know where to go from here.
Quote by Graveworm
The whole muagy thai or whatever crap is just meh to me.
God, I love Brian Eno. Everybody knows him as a producer but people tend to overlook his solo material which, in my opinion, is out right brilliant. He's so much more than a producer. A pretty damn good songwriter. I've considered starting a thread, but I never really got to it.

I'd suggest picking up Another Green World, even though it's not very remniscent of the more Ambient albums. But if you want to, you can pick up his other 'Ambient' records. Also, Discreet Music is also ambient-oriented. After that, I'd recommend Here Come The Warm Jets, then Before And After Science.
Quote by European Son
God, I love Brian Eno. Everybody knows him as a producer but people tend to overlook his solo material which, in my opinion, is out right brilliant. He's so much more than a producer. A pretty damn good songwriter. I've considered starting a thread, but I never really got to it.

I'd suggest picking up Another Green World, even though it's not very remniscent of the more Ambient albums. But if you want to, you can pick up his other 'Ambient' records. Also, Discreet Music is also ambient-oriented. After that, I'd recommend Here Come The Warm Jets, then Before And After Science.

woops, i actually have listneded to Another Green World also, loved that too.

I have Ambient 3 and 4 on my computer, but I think i will check out Here Come The Warm Jets first
Quote by Graveworm
'Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks' is amazing especially 'An Ending (Ascent)'; I absolutely love Eno's ambient works. I was thinking about picking up another release of his, I already own; 'Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks', 'Ambient 1: Music For Airports' and 'Another Green World'. Any recommendations on my next purchase?
I'm not a fan of 'Another green world' but would highly recommend 'Here come the warm jets' or the live album with Nico, Albert Ayler and John Cale. The latter being my favourite thing Eno has been involved with (that I've heard). The version of 'Baby's on fire' and 'Heartbreak hotel' are awesome.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by WhereArtEsteban
Another Green World is awesome.

i love the ambient songs on that one, especially "Becalmed". IS NICE!
Quote by Graveworm
before and after science is awesome. i love ambient 2 with harold budd. also, discreet music is awesome. taking tiger mountain (by strategy) is where i say u go next!!!
His work with Harold Budd is awesome, in fact, from there, I went on to discover some really good solo work by Budd. Music for Airports is probably the best thing by Eno though. Thursday Afternoon and Thinking Music are great to.

But hey, I have an awesome idea for you and all others discovering Eno:

www.HOS.com is a site that hosts tons of Brian Eno music and other things of the sort. Sign up for a free three day trial and hear it all, then decide what you like by him.

Edit: My bad, that three day trial costs 3 bucks. So if you don't like giving out credit card info, then you're out of luck. It's a lot of music to have access to though, so if you want to find other artists like Eno, then you should check it out. Check out Hans Otte too--amazing piano minimalism work.
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578
That is regular hard maple...I'm 100% f*cking d*ck licking sure.
Last edited by Third3ye at Jun 16, 2008,
music for airports starts out poorly but gets better i guess.

my favourite record is Discreet Music though, it's great. Ambient 4 is cool also, there's still a lot of his that i just havent got around to listening to

went to school with his nephew \m/
The Apollo soundtrack album. An Ending (Ascent). I dunno, I feel very emotional when I listen to it. It's just very angelic, spacey and otherworldy. It's made me feel more connected with the universe then religion ever has.
I just realized, I haven't heard Brian Eno's version of Music for Airports. I've heard the version done by Bang on a Can, which is amazing. It's performed with all acoustic instruments, so give it a listen even if you don't like Eno's version. I'll have to check his out though. Has anyone heard both? If so, which one do you like better?
GANGSTAAAAAAS!

Chika! Chika! YEAH YEAH!

Quote by SG6578
That is regular hard maple...I'm 100% f*cking d*ck licking sure.
try listening with headphones on, preferably in a dark room.

alternately, you could actually go to an airport and listen to Ambient 1.
I love Eno so much. His first two solo albums have had such an impact on how I view music. Plus he worked with Bowie in Berlin, which was just amazing.
DOWN&OUT
If anyone's interested, I started an Eno fan group.
Brian Eno fans unite!

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I recently had a dream that my dad died and my mum spent the life insurance payout on a new Indian dad, who told me to convert to Judaism, even though people usually change religion in September.
Damn, can't believe how lacking this thread is...

I came here to see if anybody knows the chord being strummed ridiculously fast throughout Third Uncle.

Also been enjoying St. Elmo's Fire with Fripp's guitar solo at the end a huge amount..God damn that solo is nice.
What about My Life In The Bush of Ghosts? Definitely an acquired taste but I think it's an excellent album. Also, I love his Evening Star album with Robert Fripp. It's just a notch below his greatest work but with those two it's pretty impossible to go wrong.
I love Robert Fripp, but I haven't heard any of Eno And Fripp. Any recco's?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
How have I never noticed this thread in about seven months of membership??
I adore everything Eno's done as an ambient musician (particularly on "Music For Airports"). There's nothing more relaxing than that album. Except maybe Philip Glass's "Metamorphosis" pieces.
Quote by DorkusMalorkus
Taking Tiger Mountain is cool.

This is my latest Eno album. The True Wheel never fails to make me smile.
Brian is great. I think his voice is amazing too. I have a folder of almost everything he's done. Apollo: Atmospheres & Soundtracks is currently my favorite. I was listening to Bowie's LOW the other day again, really good.

I met him at my Art School back in the 80s, he was doing sound for Jon Hassel and they were doing a sound check in the afternoon and I went in and watched them for a while. He was talking about the colors of the sound to the sound man, asking for more blue and less brown etc. It still puzzles me.
Last edited by Tempoe at Oct 2, 2009,