ive heard mixed things about lil killers.
ive heard great things about there regular single coils, and have played some that sounded pretty nice.
heard mixed reviews of the humbukers, and played one that sounded pretty nice.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Some folks in the GB&C forum like them and some, who happen to be tone chasers, can't figure them out. They do sound different from say the Seymour Duncan PAF (your 1st link) but for the price, and through decent tube amps, it should be somewhat of an improvement over the generic PUs.

Okay thanks guys.
ALL my guitars still have stocks PUPs. So just about anything will be an improvement.
Just got a ValveKing 212... so I'm now noticing how bad they are lol.
Ippon... just one thing.
When you said "can't figure them out"... do you mean they can't decide whether they like them or not?
I have a 15k Lil' Killer, used to be in the bridge of my Strat, it's a very nice tone. Quite midsy and with a decent low end and crunch, but still definitely a good value pup.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
GFS pickups all have really good value apparently.
When I'm experimenting with different pickup types (like lipstick, high output buckers, rail pups), i'll probably end up getting a few.
Once I get a semihollow, i'll probably spring for one of their retrotron series. Those look pretty cool.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i put a pair of dream 180s in my epihone les paul and it sounds amazing.
Quote by ItalysFinest429
Ippon... just one thing.
When you said "can't figure them out"... do you mean they can't decide whether they like them or not?

Oh some of them liked the PUs ... it's the blurb about vintage tone that puts off the purists/tone chasers. Some do sound nice and they're great Bang for the $$$; however, you can do better if you're looking for vintage PAF tone.

i just ordered a fat paf alcino overwound humbucker + lil killer middle and neck pickups. can someone tell me if that fat paf is suitable for metal/hard rock? i didnt order it especially for metal, but i want to be able to play metal through it. ive been reading they are similar to duncan jbs?