This probably is a really stupid question and i apologise if i waste you time making you read this.

But i have a mate who, as proved today when we were messing about with my guitar, batters the hell out of his strings. Its not so bad acoustically, you cant hear it that badly. But when he plugged it into the schools Laney amp, you could hear every little fuzz that he made and it sounded so harsh and made me cringe at even some of the favourite songs. It made me worse when he played my guitar, which had the action set too low and get a bit of buzz when you hit the strings hard.

On a side note, he also insists on playing louder than me, which annoys me when he hits the strings as hard as he does.

Any advice to get him to stop hitting the strings so hard without him hitting me in the face?
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
um...Get hit in the balls??
Or tell him!
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
A guitar player that insists on playing louder than everyone else?
I don't believe it!
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Tell him to f*ck off, don't let him on your guitar, and get a 1000w tube amp, that'll show the bugger.

Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
lay off the guy? it's his life, let him play how he wants to.
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
my advice, find some one else to jam with. and dont let this fool play your axe.
epiphone gothic lp
ibanez arc-300
epiphone traditional pro lp
vox ad100vht head.
vox cab
maybe a string will brake and snap back to his eye...he wont be so enthousiastic then.

or you could rig his/your guitar to do this!!
There is nothing wrong with hitting the strings hard. It is a technique. The force with which you hit the strings is what creates dynamics.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...