My friend is selling his old Ibanez RG 350EX for $450 and I'm wondering if this is a decent price. If this isn't a good price then what would you guys suggest?

Thanks!
Before you buy it, either block the trem (when you get it) or buy an OFR to put in the trem slot cos, it sounds like I'm just bashing it but it's true, the edge III bridge is horrendous.
That or use the extra money (that would be spent on an OFR) on an RG1570.
advise, don't get a Ibanez, go with a schecter!
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
Quote by tarlkea

thanks man I was looking for that on musician's friend and I couldn't find it!

The only bonus to this is he's getting an ESP Eclipse and he said I could use it whenever I want. I dunno what to do..

Right now I have an Epiphone SG and I'm even wondering if I should get the Ibanez or just stick with the SG..
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Before you buy it, either block the trem (when you get it) or buy an OFR to put in the trem slot cos, it sounds like I'm just bashing it but it's true, the edge III bridge is horrendous.
That or use the extra money (that would be spent on an OFR) on an RG1570.

+1
You'd be better off buying one with an Edge Pro/Lo Pro/Edge Zero. If that's too expensive, then buy an fixed bridge Ibanez in the same price range.
If you want an Ibanez with a trem, buy a guitar from the Ibanez S series (or go to the prestige line of RGs)
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
The schecter is much better than any other guitar IMHO
Gear
We don't care about your opinion, you aren't helping you're just shoving the fact you like schecters in people's faces.

EDIT: BTW that schecter won't do at all, you can get an Ibanez RG321 with better specs for around the same/less price.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
We don't care about your opinion, you aren't helping you're just shoving the fact you like schecters in people's faces.

EDIT: BTW that schecter won't do at all, you can get an Ibanez RG321 with better specs for around the same/less price.

I was typing up a post that basically said the same thing you said

Edit:
If it helps the TS at all, I have an Ibanez Rg1570 and it's great. Neck is fantastic, bridge stays in tune (Edge Pro). The only thing really bad is the stock pickups.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965
Ibanez's prestige guitars come with a free case, too by the way.
Last edited by tarlkea at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by Punk_Ninja

Ibanez has quality control problems. Been there done that. I first got a Ibanez RG370 black for Christmas, I found out a week later that the first fret on 1-3 strings wouldn't even make a noise if I tried to play them. Several weeks later I'm at Guitar Center (Where it came from.) They said that the neck was warped or twisted. They said I could get that same model back or look around. I looked around and found another Ibanez, it was a little bit better, but I picked it up and the frets were very poky to start out with. I took it to a soundproof room and started to play it. It sounded OK, but then when I checked to make sure all of the frets worked it had the same problem!
Gear
Quote by .Jamison
Ibanez has quality control problems.

If you go for a mid- to high-end Ibanez, this is most certainly untrue. I haven't tried any low-end Ibanezes, though
Quote by .Jamison
Ibanez has quality control problems. Been there done that. I first got a Ibanez RG370 black for Christmas, I found out a week later that the first fret on 1-3 strings wouldn't even make a noise if I tried to play them. Several weeks later I'm at Guitar Center (Where it came from.) They said that the neck was warped or twisted. They said I could get that same model back or look around. I looked around and found another Ibanez, it was a little bit better, but I picked it up and the frets were very poky to start out with. I took it to a soundproof room and started to play it. It sounded OK, but then when I checked to make sure all of the frets worked it had the same problem!

Low end Ibanez maybe, like gio ones, but it's pretty rare, I've played like maybe, 2 or 3 bad feeling ibanezes, they were all gios or under prestige level (so about priced £200>.
It's pretty rare.
Now the sound can be off due to the stock pickups being not so great, but they're easily swappable.

Anyway any problems like buzzing and warping are fixable. Yeah if the neck was cracked or snapped maybe, but that would also possibly be due to other conditions.
My Ibanez S470 (not prestige, made in korea) is holding up perfectly, no problems at all, straight from the box! It's been two years since I got it too!
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Low end Ibanez maybe, like gio ones

My local guitar store has 3 of those on their shelf. They play really well for their price range, no problem whatso ever to be honest. It just has to be set up correctly.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Low end Ibanez maybe, like gio ones, but it's pretty rare, I've played like maybe, 2 or 3 bad feeling ibanezes, they were all gios or under prestige level (so about priced £200>.
It's pretty rare.
Now the sound can be off due to the stock pickups being not so great, but they're easily swappable.

Anyway any problems like buzzing and warping are fixable. Yeah if the neck was cracked or snapped maybe, but that would also possibly be due to other conditions.
My Ibanez S470 (not prestige, made in korea) is holding up perfectly, no problems at all, straight from the box! It's been two years since I got it too!

but the specific guitar were talking about is a lower end Ibanez
Gear
To reign in this thread:

No, don't buy it. It's too expensive versus new, and the Edge III bridge is fraut with problems. You'll soon wish you hadn't bought it as the trem won't last long - if it's used, even less chance of the trem being usable. If buying low-end RGs, stick to hard-tails - much less to go wrong.
If you want a trem-equipped guitar, go for the Ibanez S series low-end models. Very high quality and excellent stable trem, and they're about the same price as a new RG350 (model-dependant). The S470 is a definite recommend - they're very popular, play well and last like anything. Just avoid the Edge III trem at all costs - more often than not, you'll get a lemon as the trems aren't built to last.

Ibanez S470
Laney HCM30R
Digitech GNX3000
Quote by quantum leap
To reign in this thread:

No, don't buy it. It's too expensive versus new, and the Edge III bridge is fraut with problems. You'll soon wish you hadn't bought it as the trem won't last long - if it's used, even less chance of the trem being usable. If buying low-end RGs, stick to hard-tails - much less to go wrong.
If you want a trem-equipped guitar, go for the Ibanez S series low-end models. Very high quality and excellent stable trem, and they're about the same price as a new RG350 (model-dependant). The S470 is a definite recommend - they're very popular, play well and last like anything. Just avoid the Edge III trem at all costs - more often than not, you'll get a lemon as the trems aren't built to last.

+1

Save/borrow $50 more and get an S320