As anyone with one of these amps will no, it has 11 different amp models but i can't find out what they are actually based on. could any body please help.
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Ibanez sgt130 acoustic j200
Digitech EX-7 expression pedal
Behringer acoustic modeler
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
Boutique Clean: Dumble Clean amp (I can't remember which model)
Blackface: Fender Twin
Tweed: Fender Bassman
AC15: Vox AC15
AC30TB: Top Boost channel of a Vox AC30
UK70's: Marshall Plexi
UK80's: Marshall JCM800
UK Modern: Marshall JCM2000
Numetal: Mesa Triple Rectifier (Maybe Dual rec)
US Highgain: Soldano of some sort, maybe an SLO100
Boutique OD: Dumble Overdrive Special

even if those aren't spot on I think you get the idea
Ben
Cheers
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
Muffinman hit it pretty right on.

Have you found any favorites? I used to have the very same amp and found that I liked some of the models better than others. I play a Gibson LP Melody Maker with the P-90 and, at the time, used no external effects - only the built-ins.

I found the Boutique Clean to be lacking in the midrange but fairly nice sounding. Probably better with higher output pickups than mine.

The Blackface was just thin to me with very little bottom.

Tweed was quite nice and well-balanced. Plenty of fat bottom, clear mids and chimey highs.

The AC15 and AC30TB were among the best models to me, as you'd expect Vox to model themselves better than the others. The AC30TB is rich with harmonic content.

70's UK - very AC/DC!

I didn't care so much for the 80's UK and Modern UK models, except if I wanted to emulate 80's hair metal, which I didn't.

Nu-Metal was my favorite of the high gain models. It seemed to have heavy gain but still maintain some clarity and wasn't too bright.

US High Gain was bright and sizzly. Good for EVH-ish stuff.

Boutique OD was like having access to Billy Gibbons' bag of tricks! Niceness.
Quote by muffinman123192
Boutique Clean: Dumble Clean amp (I can't remember which model)
Blackface: Fender Twin
Tweed: Fender Bassman
AC15: Vox AC15
AC30TB: Top Boost channel of a Vox AC30
UK70's: Marshall Plexi
UK80's: Marshall JCM800
UK Modern: Marshall JCM2000
Numetal: Mesa Triple Rectifier (Maybe Dual rec)
US Highgain: Soldano of some sort, maybe an SLO100
Boutique OD: Dumble Overdrive Special

even if those aren't spot on I think you get the idea

Spot on except for the Nu Metal and High Gain (though you were basically right.) Nu Metal is a Dual Rec model and US High Gain is most certainly an SLO100.
yeh numetal is my fav for distortion but i like the black face for clean with my les paul
Tokai love rock les paul
Vintage V99 les paul
Squire Strat
Peavy Raptor
Orange crush 3
Vox AD30VT
Quote by imgooley
Spot on except for the Nu Metal and High Gain (though you were basically right.) Nu Metal is a Dual Rec model and US High Gain is most certainly an SLO100.

When I'm talking about the Mesa I always tell people one or the other and I can never get it right. I'll tell someone it's a Triple Rec and then right after I'll tell someone else it's a Dual Rec.

I'll get it right one of these days.
Ben
Funny, I thought for some reason that the Nu Metal setting might have been based on some Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 or something specifically voiced for dropped tunings...

Silly me.
Quote by carpepax
Muffinman hit it pretty right on.

Have you found any favorites? I used to have the very same amp and found that I liked some of the models better than others. I play a Gibson LP Melody Maker with the P-90 and, at the time, used no external effects - only the built-ins.

I found the Boutique Clean to be lacking in the midrange but fairly nice sounding. Probably better with higher output pickups than mine.

The Blackface was just thin to me with very little bottom.

Tweed was quite nice and well-balanced. Plenty of fat bottom, clear mids and chimey highs.

The AC15 and AC30TB were among the best models to me, as you'd expect Vox to model themselves better than the others. The AC30TB is rich with harmonic content.

70's UK - very AC/DC!

I didn't care so much for the 80's UK and Modern UK models, except if I wanted to emulate 80's hair metal, which I didn't.

Nu-Metal was my favorite of the high gain models. It seemed to have heavy gain but still maintain some clarity and wasn't too bright.

US High Gain was bright and sizzly. Good for EVH-ish stuff.

Boutique OD was like having access to Billy Gibbons' bag of tricks! Niceness.

That's a pretty good description of what is going on on the AD series. However, it all comes down to how you EQ it. A lot of the models are really bassy, the exceptions being the Black, the Nu Metal and the Boutique OD. When I'm running the amp alone, I never have the bass above noon. I find the best eq for all the models is full mid, 2/3-3/4 treb and 1/2 or less bass. The best thing you can do for this amp is put an OD in front of it. It adds substantial definition to the low end and fills out the mids, while softening the top end. It also does an excellent job emulating tube warmth.

The only thing about several of the models is the lack of dynamic control. Unless you tweak it just right, it's really difficult to get that nice pop out of hard attacks. It can be done, though.