I'm getting some money soon and i am thinking about getting these pickups. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-Distortion-Mayhem-SH6-Humbucker-Pair-?sku=300039

I am putting them in a Jay Turser Warlock Copy which i am going to use for mainly metal.
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I personally think that they are very overated pickups, and i dont like them ir their lack of tone.
May i suggest investing in either some DiMarzio's or Bare knuckle pickups/ or another hand wound make?

If on the other hand, you are not fussed about tone or watever and just wnat some pickups so you can chug, then these would be fine.

hope i help'd
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
what do you want help with?

If you want more gain, pickups don't necessarily help.
The ADVT is a nice amp, I personally own the ADVT and the ADVT-XL, the XL is more suited for metal.
I can get some pretty brutal tones out of the ADVT, but the gain isn't quite up to scratch with what I think you are after.
I reckon you'd do much better with getting a distortion pedal rather than whole new pick-ups, I used a DS-1 along with other pedals and it changed the sound completely while still keeping the warmth.

That's my 2 cents, hope it helped.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Last edited by WH15P3R at Jun 13, 2008,
^ +1. If you need new pickups, I would reccommend some that increase sustain, harmonics, etc, rather than just distortion. Distortion should come from the amp mainly, then a pedal as a boost, DS-1 or TS would be good.
i have a DS-1. Any good settings? I am also thinking about these pickups cuz i'm makin $120 in the next few days and i'm not sure when i'l be getting more money
My Gear:
Jay Turser Warlock
Baraccuda Strat
Takamine EG523SC
Samick Acoustic
Vox AD50VT
Boss DS-1
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Well, put your amp on a clean setting with plenty of bass because in my experience most pedals sound too trebley.
Depends what type of sound you want.
Try rolling the gain on the pedal to about 7, with the tone towards the middle - maybe a little bit towards treble and volume around 8 aswell.

Just fiddle
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.