Hey, recently set up xbox live and was wondering if there is any way that I'm able to change my gamer tag without having to use Microsoft points or start a whole new account?
Any help is appreciated
No, you have to use points as far as i know...
(you can get points with the link in my sig xD)
/CENTER]
while we are on the topic....would I be required to earn back all of the gamer points I got with a non-Xbox live account when I switch to Xbox live?
Quote by Hot_Money420
while we are on the topic....would I be required to earn back all of the gamer points I got with a non-Xbox live account when I switch to Xbox live?

You can register a non-XboxLIVE account with XboxLIVE I'm pretty sure, therefore maintaining your gamerpoints.

However, if you do not register the specific account with it, you won't.
Quote by K!!LsWiTcH
make ur frends file a complaint to ur gamewrtag if there enuf theyll make u change it

this man speaks the truth. my friends and i have all done it.
Quote by Hot_Money420

I suppose you mean you have a silver account just for downloading.. If so then upgrading to gold shouldn't take away any points.
Quote by guylee
this man speaks the truth. my friends and i have all done it.

Hmm......I've been looking to change mine as well. Do you know how many complaints it takes?
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread