in a few weeks im going to buy a ENGL Fireball, and I was wondering what cab to buy for it.

some friend recommended me "Vader" cabinets, and at this moment I would buy the 2x12 cabinet:

do you think it will be loud enough? and most important: someone has this cab and can tell me if the sound is good?

i play mostly metal (from iron maiden to slayer)

EDIT: there is something about the cab that I dont understand, in the vader website I can read "Available in 4, 8, and 16 ohms. Please specify ohms when ordering", what the hell is that? and how do I know what ohms to ask? :S
Last edited by Gacel at Jun 13, 2008,
Vaders and Engls go together like Peas and carrots
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Ohm's are the impedence the amp is, and cabinets need to math the impedence of the cabinet to make sure that the amp head doesn't wear out or blow. The Engl is 8 and 16 ohm ability, so you can choose either of those.
Vader cabinets are really great, check out Necrophagist, they match Engl's with vader's live and in the studio, I say go for it.
I want a XPT707fx D:, Is is legendary Bowen?
Member of 7-string Legion
Wields S7320

. .___.
. (O,o)
. /)__)
. ^ ^

. O rly?
Quote by bowen
Ohm's are the impedence the amp is, and cabinets need to math the impedence of the cabinet to make sure that the amp head doesn't wear out or blow. The Engl is 8 and 16 ohm ability, so you can choose either of those.
Vader cabinets are really great, check out Necrophagist, they match Engl's with vader's live and in the studio, I say go for it.

thx a lot for the info about the ohms

so from your comment I guess I will get a very brutal sound with engl+vader, what cab would you recommend me if I wanted something softer? (but still heavy, i like thrash metal a lot)