Yea a .22 wont work you want a .022 or .047. A .1 is used with active pickups for tone as the pot values are very different.
I mean i'm pretty sure it would work still but it would let different frequencies pass through it better.

a higher value capacitor well let more treble go through to ground out of your signal. Typically, i think someone correct me if i'm wrong, a .047 uf will sound a little bit brighter, and a .022 will sound a little bit warmer.

So a strat style guitar with single coils usually uses a .022 uf to compensate for the brightness, while buckers will typically use a .047. It really comes down to preference though
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by ICANSEEYOU7687
I mean i'm pretty sure it would work still but it would let different frequencies pass through it better.

a higher value capacitor well let more treble go through to ground out of your signal. Typically, i think someone correct me if i'm wrong, a .047 uf will sound a little bit brighter, and a .022 will sound a little bit warmer.

So a strat style guitar with single coils usually uses a .022 uf to compensate for the brightness, while buckers will typically use a .047. It really comes down to preference though

pretty sure that you've got ti backwards
higher number = more bass
yea your right i was thinking that the .047 was .0047. recently put a treble boost on one of my pedals, lol got confused. but yea your right...
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Here is how it works.

The larger the value of the cap the more lower frequencies get through.

a .022 value cap will let only high frequencies through.
a .047 cap lets all the same high frequencies through but also lets some of the lower high end through.
a .1 cap it would let the same amount of high end, and lower high end that the .047 cap lets through but it'll also let some upper midrange through.

Because the cap on a tone pot is going to ground, the frequencies that make it through the cap are taken out of your tone. This means that the large cap not only filters off a wider range of high end but it'll also filter off more volume.

The right cap depends on the tone you are going for. .022 and .047 are the most common. The cap you linked to was .22 which is too large for most people and will get rid of all your high end, midrange, and most of your volume as well.
Not taking any online orders.
I like a bright tone, so I put in a .01 tone cap in my guitar. It makes the tone knobs actually useable for me. However, its all really preference. Consider trying (for a strat), .01, .015, and .022.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
if you're using a 'bucker, .047 uf is the way to go imo.
Quote by Invader Jim
The questions people ask here makes me wonder how the TS's dress themselves in the morning and can shower without drowning...
Alright, thanks. I'll go to Jaycar and try out a .047 and .022, see which one I prefer. I like alot of the lower range, so I'm betting the 47
The .1 cap is used in active pickups as the pot values are very different than passive. Dont know how well it would work with passive stuff.