do some people tune there guitars a half/whole step up. or would that just mess everything up
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Well, you would seriousely risk breaking the strings+damaging the neck.

So, in general, no.
The.
i believe in a thing called love-the darkness is in F.

as is running wild by airbourne.

it can be done.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by ch715dallat
i believe in a thing called love is in standard as are all darkness songs

when I play along to it in E it sounds higher. either every piece of tuning equipment I've used is wrong (guitar pro, youtube tuning song, rp50, korg tuner thing amongst others) and I'm actually in Eb, or the song's in F.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by stringmagician
Why on earth would you do that?

Buy a capo young one.

BUT U LOSE NEKSPAEC
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Lemoninfluence
when I play along to it in E it sounds higher. either every piece of tuning equipment I've used is wrong (guitar pro, youtube tuning song, rp50, korg tuner thing amongst others) and I'm actually in Eb, or the song's in F.

It definitely uses standard tuning, or is a quarter step up or something.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by Lemoninfluence

what? play the right notes and it doesnt matter what tuning your in, play the same frets and it does, just play the song right in E i dont see the problem :S
just buy .08 gauge strings and try it out. I'm sure it would be no worse for the neck than playing in Eb standard with guage .13-.14 strings.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by stringmagician
Why on earth would you do that?

Buy a capo young one.

This.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by ch715dallat
what? play the right notes and it doesnt matter what tuning your in, play the same frets and it does, just play the song right in E i dont see the problem :S

|-4-0-0-5-0-0-7-0-0-9-0-0-7-0-9-0-11-0-9-0-11-0-12-0-14-0-16-0-17-0-0-16-0-0-17-0-0-19-0-0-17-0-19-0-21-0-19-0-21-0-22-0-22^24

becomes difficult when you move it up one fret.

Quote by HaKattack
It definitely uses standard tuning, or is a quarter step up or something.

I've just played along to the opening riff in standard and it's definitely a G5 to start with

Quote by element4433
just about every smiths song is a step up, there's really nothing to worry about so long as you have like .09 gauge strings.
Quote by IHATECHILDREN
Well, you would seriousely risk breaking the strings+damaging the neck.

Cmon its not like your guitars gonna blow up or something dude. I'm sure the tension from a heavy set of strings at standard is more than the tension of light strings tuned up.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Quote by Highbinder
Cmon its not like your guitars gonna blow up or something dude. I'm sure the tension from a heavy set of strings at standard is more than the tension of light strings tuned up.

I've tuned to F# standard a few times. One of the times ended with my finger being cut by a broken string

oy, I love it.
Quote by Highbinder

Sure, you're guitar won't blow up, but it will sound terrible and become impossible to play if you screw with the neck.
Use like .08's (or .07's) for it if you do, if not say bye-bye to your nice normal neck.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by AestheticGuitar
because then you lose two notes

oh noes.

yea i guess so
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Chris Carrabba does it a lot. I don't even risk snapping my strings to play some of his songs.
Quote by Alterationsgtrs
While watching Scooby Doo

Velma- Jinkies, I lost my glasses
Me- Oh they're right here (while furiously masturbating)

ride the lightning is tuned to 447 Hz, rather than 440 Hz.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by 70x7
Chris Carrabba does it a lot. I don't even risk snapping my strings to play some of his songs.

What songs does Chris tune his guitar up for?