I cant save money cause i end up spending it so i decided that insted of saving money I should build it that way i have a proyect that will keep me entertain for a few weeks and will make me wanna play more since its my creation ( i lose interest on playing for times) + its way cheaper

Im thinking of getting most part as cheap as i can

i already order some electronics (exept pick ups), pick guard,and control plate a total of 50$

I have a telecaster mim at home that i took out my tele when i got a lil59 SD

tuner, screws,pickups and rest of electronics maybe taken from a squier strat that i may purchase in the cheapo bin at the local guitar store since i think this way will be cheaper (it would be around 50$)

the body and bridgewill be from Warmoth Swamp Ash 180$

original tail piece and brige i hope to find on ebay

color will be black on white a black pickup on a white guitar , the pickups cover and switches also black

all im worried about is the neck any cheap places to get a mustang short scale neck will the strat neck fit and if does will i have intonation problem ???

also let me know what you think of this built

will add pic as i go

Guitar : Fender CIJ Mustang and a Telecaster
Amp : 76 fender champ
Pedals : BBE green screamer, Big muff, Ibanez LU20 Pedal Tuner, boss loop pedal
Last edited by Nagashiro at Jun 13, 2008,
i lack the tools needed :s

wont it end up the same price as buyng a a neck on the net?

just got me thinking does the neck gets paint with a clear or just left bare wood?

oiled, painted, or clearcoated its all personal preference. making a neck requires the same tools as making a body.
Quote by carousel182
oiled, painted, or clearcoated its all personal preference. making a neck requires the same tools as making a body.

+1 to that. Plus you can customize to your feel. I made my neck V shaped towards the lower string side. Stuff like that is hard to do if you buy a neck b/c it is usually finished. Plus, then you can make a neck thru.... MMhhhhmmmmm sustain......
i dont trust my self with that O_O but it does sound sweet

i want it to look as original as i can