Hi readers,

Right i have decided i must do something about my abysmal set-up.

I have a awful Marshall mg10Cd that doesn't work properly. I know this needs to be replaced, so some lower price ranged suggestions would be very helpfull.

Also, i was thinking about getting and equalizer pedal, due to whenever i practise with my bands we do it away from my house, therefore using an unfamiliar amp, so im guessing this would make it easier to achieve the tone i want. Would getting one be worth it?

I was looking at the Kerry King 10 band eq, due to it saying Kerry King on it and me having no knowledge of such items. other suggestions?

I play Metal/Grindcore etc such as- psyopus, nile, architects, dying fetus, cannibal corpse, black dahlia murder etc.

Cheers for taking the time.
If you're going to get an EQ pedal don't bother with the Kerry King one, MXR do one that's exactly the same but cheaper because it doesn't have his stupid tribal design on it.

Define "lower price range" and exact budget would make choices a lot easier. And a location.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Ah ty,

Uk, and around say, £100 amp(maybe changable)(would be mainly for home practise).

and around £50-60 for pedal
Last edited by ooder the cow at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by ooder the cow
Ah ty,

Uk, and around say, £100 amp(maybe changable)(would be mainly for home practise).

and around £50-60 for pedal

Amp

Graphic EQ

There you go
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Amp +1

Graphic EQ -1

There you go

I think you'd be better off with the mxr 10-band
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I think you'd be better off with the mxr 10-band

Definitely. I mean, sometimes more isn't better but when it comes to frequency EQ'ing, 10 band beats 7 band. By 3. Me do math.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Epi VJ for grindcore? fail. It just isn't voiced for that.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Dude there's no way the valve junior is gonna satisfy the threadstarter's requirements. Get the Peavey Royal 8 with an overdrive or distortion pedal.
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Def the VK and mxr 10 band
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
heres a better suggestion, save more money and get an amp that actually is voiced for what you play.

also the kerry king eq is almost the same as the mxr m-108, but it has two outs so you can play through 2 amps, not something you need.
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Firstly, Thankye muchly

Eq pedal-wise, I feel that the boss pedal looks pretty good due to not really seeing that ill be particularly needing 10 bands worth. Yet it may be a better investment for the future to get the better one.

Amp-wise, due to mainly playing unplugged i don't really see great point in spending loads on an amp (this may be due to having an awful amp), but im sure im wrong here. i could stretch quite a lot further budget-wise if i were to find one that would be perfect and wouldnt need replacing.
If you can stretch it a used 5150 and a avatar 2x12 would suit you pretty well I think. around 600 for the head and around 2 or 300 for the cab. Maybe look for a used 5150 combo or a 6505 combo.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not