As I keep looking at amps, i keep changing what amp I think I'm going to get. Right now, I seem to like the Bugera 6260-212 Combo because I need an amp that can do metal extremely well (mainly thrash, but with some power metal and even death metal thrown in). However I've heard good things about the Randall RG50TC, Ashdown Fallen Angel, and the B-52 AT-112, unfortunately none of the guitar stores around me carry any of these brands, so I can't try them out myself. I was wondering if any of you guys who have tried out these amps could maybe critique some of them, compare them, give advice, and whatnot to help me out. Any sound clips would be appreciated
Ive played the Bugera, and own the head version, and Ive almost bought the B-52. The AT's are okay, but I think the bugera sounds better. And they are still going for pretty cheap, but I hear they are about to raise their prices due to popularity possibly, so I'd jump on it now rather than later.
Randall for sure. I tried out the head version (RH50T) with a 412 cab and it was ****ing sick. The gain channel was insanely heavy and defined (clear), the cleans were top notch as well.
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
6262! Single EQ bad, double EQ good!

Bugera =

Seriously, they don't even stock them at my 2 closest Long & McQuade stores (haven't checked any others) anymore because ALL of them (quote) "were returned by their owners due to being broken" (approximately what teh guy said).

Obviously, their QC/build is crap.

Go ahead, flame me.
Last edited by DiMeTiMe at Jun 13, 2008,
Yeah, I've heard that they can be unreliable. Guess it's the same with anything from China.

However, they have good warranty etc, and quite frankly, they sound amazing for their price.

I see all these americans saying "OMG noob get a used 5150 for the same price"

In Australia, the Bugera heads are $799. 5150s are $2700, and there is absolutely no used market. None. The sound quality is similar. I'd take the risk.

Also, I shouldn't need to point out how retarded it is to laugh at a product that you've never played.
Quote by GibsonTheGuitar
Yeah, I've heard that they can be unreliable. Guess it's the same with anything from China.

However, they have good warranty etc, and quite frankly, they sound amazing for their price.

I see all these americans saying "OMG noob get a used 5150 for the same price"

In Australia, the Bugera heads are $799. 5150s are $2700, and there is absolutely no used market. None. The sound quality is similar. I'd take the risk.

Also, I shouldn't need to point out how retarded it is to laugh at a product that you've never played.

I've played the 6260 combo, it was good as far as sound goes. They just recently stopped selling/carrying them as they were getting complaints/returns ever since they began carrying the Bugera's.

BTW, I'm not american.
Ive heard the same things about the Bugera's QC, but honestly, I have a nice warranty on mine, and if anything goes wrong, I can just return it for a replacement either at the store, or I can get a new one from Bugera themselves. They are a very new company, and I have heard of the occasional isolated incident, but never an entire store being full of returns.

I have looked at every amp that you are looking at buying at one point or another in my guitar playing career as far as possibly getting one as my new amp. Musiciansfriend stopped stocking Ashdowns, and I heard they were lacking in gain compared to the Randall and the others. The B-52 is a hit or miss. I have played some that sounded pretty nice, and then I have also played an equal amount that have had things wrong with them, and either there was no top end, or very little gain whatsoever. The Randall seems like a good bet, but I have heard by a few that it was kind of harsh and wasn't the best, but I have yet to actually play one, so I cant comment on their quality and sound. The Bugera is what I now own, I bought the head last Saturday. So far it has been great to me. If you want, I have sound clips in my profile if you want to hear it first hand. Yeah, Im hoping this rant was better than my first answer, and I still think the Bugera would be the best for your money.
Randall. I have one and it's amazing
GEAR

Dean V79
Randall RG50-TC
Roland MicroCube
Quote by thetoastinator
Ive heard the same things about the Bugera's QC, but honestly, I have a nice warranty on mine, and if anything goes wrong, I can just return it for a replacement either at the store, or I can get a new one from Bugera themselves. They are a very new company, and I have heard of the occasional isolated incident, but never an entire store being full of returns.

I have looked at every amp that you are looking at buying at one point or another in my guitar playing career as far as possibly getting one as my new amp. Musiciansfriend stopped stocking Ashdowns, and I heard they were lacking in gain compared to the Randall and the others. The B-52 is a hit or miss. I have played some that sounded pretty nice, and then I have also played an equal amount that have had things wrong with them, and either there was no top end, or very little gain whatsoever. The Randall seems like a good bet, but I have heard by a few that it was kind of harsh and wasn't the best, but I have yet to actually play one, so I cant comment on their quality and sound. The Bugera is what I now own, I bought the head last Saturday. So far it has been great to me. If you want, I have sound clips in my profile if you want to hear it first hand. Yeah, Im hoping this rant was better than my first answer, and I still think the Bugera would be the best for your money.

Yea, I heard your sound clips, thought they were really good, made me want to check out Bugera a little more, which got me into this situation I am in now.

What I think I might end up doing however, is when I save up enough money, just order the 6260 from Sam Ash, and If I like it, then I'll keep it, and If i don't i'll just return it with the 45-day satisfaction guaranteed deal.

Damn, I really want to try out that Randall as well...what do you mean by you heard it sounded harsh? couldn't that be fixed by simply lowering the gain, or changing some eq settings?
Last edited by eddiethehead888 at Jun 14, 2008,
On a side note- What would be the easiest way to quiet the 6260? 120 watts of tube power seems to be a little excessive for me, I only plan on using it for band practice, small gigs, and hopefully bedroom practice levels
Quote by DiMeTiMe

Bugera =

Seriously, they don't even stock them at my 2 closest Long & McQuade stores (haven't checked any others) anymore because ALL of them (quote) "were returned by their owners due to being broken" (approximately what teh guy said).

Obviously, their QC/build is crap.

Go ahead, flame me.

i pretty much agree with you there, although its not as bad as youre saying. Randalls only have average build quality anyway so i wouldnt get too carried away if i were you.

DiMeTiMe + a randall amp suggests blind fanboyism to me, the RG50TC is only average if that
Actually I found a used 5150 combo around my area for $550, too bad I don't have enough money as of now....time to look for a job

I think I'll look for used 5150 combos, rather than new amps, this seems to be suggested alot on this forum