I have been playing guitar for a while(8 years) and iv'e always wondered what omhs were and what the difference between stereo and mono were...plus what does the term action mean when its applied to a guitar??
Gear:
Ibanez GAX 30
Fender mexi tele <3 holy mother of god im in love
digitech D-7 distortion pedal
line 6 delay pedal
heartke 4x12 320 watt cab
Marshall MGHDFX100
Ohms is the amount of resistance any given electrical component puts up to current, in guitar terms it is usually applied to speakers. Generally you need to match up the ohm rating of your head's output to the rating of the speaker cab.

Stereo is the effect you get when you have two speakers (or sets thereof) and you have different things coming out of each of them so if you have, say, a harmony guitar line then you can have one part in one side of the speakers and the other part in the other speaker(s). It is generally used to enhance the effect of such parts and you can also use it for interesting panning effects, like when you're listening to a song and one part seems to move across your hearing, if you see what I mean. Mono means that the exact same thing comes out of both speakers.

Action in guitar terms is the height of the strings from the fretboard; this can have all sorts of effects that I can try to elabourate on if you want.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thank you, and yeah if you want can you elaborate on the action more?
Gear:
Ibanez GAX 30
line 6 delay pedal
Marshall MGHDFX100
Well action mainly effects the feel of playing the guitar; with a lower action the strings become easier to press down so you can play faster but you can't lower the action too much or you can create fret buzz (where the string hits the fretboard) which kills your sustain and some players claim that you need a certain height of action to get good pinch harmonics.

To be honest I think that's it but I'm not too sure, try saerching on google or something for more things action effects but this page: http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/Repairs2.htm has some useful information abotu things that effect action and setting up your guitar etc...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
thank you
Gear:
Ibanez GAX 30
line 6 delay pedal
Marshall MGHDFX100