^Actually they're pretty brand-new. The pine Telecaster definitely should be something to check out though if you can.
Quote by Wakisazhi
^Actually they're pretty brand-new. The pine Telecaster definitely should be something to check out though if you can.

I'm pretty sure people don't make guitars out of pine, being that it's a softwood.
Quote by imgooley
I'm pretty sure people don't make guitars out of pine, being that it's a softwood.

Click the link. Squier obviously is making a Telecaster out of pine.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
-SD "Pearly Gates" bridge pickup
-50's style wiring
Digitech RP150
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
Peavey Windsor Studio

= My amp on crack
Quote by imgooley
You haven't read the spec sheet of the new Squier Tele then.
dammit, I saw the word 'ash' and thought it was an ash guitar...

That doesn't seem like a good idea, thought. Pine is so soft that the tension of the strings would tear out the hardware after any heavy use. Seems like a very bad idea to me.
I'm GASing for the Pine Tele
Quote by imgooley

Check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Esquire

BTW, there's a similar thread earlier.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=14578294#post14578294

Quote by imgooley
dammit, I saw the word 'ash' and thought it was an ash guitar...

That doesn't seem like a good idea, thought. Pine is so soft that the tension of the strings would tear out the hardware after any heavy use. Seems like a very bad idea to me.

It's a very vintage type thing to do, and I think they treat the pine to toughen it up somehow. I know that some of the Tele forums out there are creaming themselves over this release. I honestly hadn't known about the pine thing, but apparently some really vintage Tele's were pine, and, pun very much intended, Tele enthusiasts have pined for them for years. The 3 saddle thing is also a vintage thing.

That being said, even though I one day wish to have a Tele in my arsenal, I don't think that's the way I'll go.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
meh, oh well. I still wouldn't buy one. It seems like a bad material because it's so light weight and soft. And according to that article, no actual production esquires were pine, just the prototype.
Quote by imgooley
meh, oh well. I still wouldn't buy one. It seems like a bad material because it's so light weight and soft. And according to that article, no actual production esquires were pine, just the prototype.

True, but there's a huge fan base over at the Tele Forum (TDPRI) who crave and actually enjoy Pinecasters. A lot of the luthiers there have quite a thriving business making these custom guitars. It's definitely not for everybody.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to wait until they're in stock in some stores then I'll try them out. They could be some good budget guitars, I'd go for either the duo-sonic or the tele.

Quote by Ippon

I must have missed that thread. I'll check it out
Quote by Ippon
the Tele Forum (TDPRI)

That's the place! I couldn't remember what it was called.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Bling Dogg
Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to wait until they're in stock in some stores then I'll try them out. They could be some good budget guitars, I'd go for either the duo-sonic or the tele.

I must have missed that thread. I'll check it out

I know ... currently, they're only available at SamAsh but not at the 3 GCs I called. The Duosonic looks tasty, too. I'm glad they gave the Strat headstock a different shape instead of the CBS-style ... too many of those already.

The fanatics at the Tele forum are already planning to convert those Teles to Esquires.