Well.. i've been playing guitar for nearly 5 years now; and it's been a long time coming..

I've finally got my **** together and have a good £500-1000 to whack out on a decent amplifier... however, there are a distinct lack of decent music shops in my local area but that's coo'; this is where you lovely people come in
The guitar i use is a modified Ibanez GSA60, even though it is effectively a cheap begginer guitar, it is very good :P and i've messed it around a bit.. but it has a really beefy humbucker tone; also a fender style sound to a clear jimi hendrix tone.
I have one boss me-50 effects pedal; it is fairly **** and digitalises my sound with the distortion settings, i have found the muff to be ok however, the main reason i have it is for the neat delay effects and other assorted goodness..
I am looking for a loud (100+ watt, or 50+ for a tube), well made amp. My main influences in my guitar playing at this time are: Adam jones (tool), Billy corgan (His sound on everlasting gaze), Mike mccready (pearl jam), J mascis (dinosaur jr), Kim thayil (soundgarden), Jimi hendrix, Nine inch nails, sonic youth, tom morello to some extent.. but really i am looking for something progressive, crazy and unique that just ****ing rocks, in the good way.

Do you think you can help me?
That's a pretty wide range there. You probably will want to find something with decent versatility, especially with your digital effects board...I wish I knew the exchange rate to the dollar but I'm reasonably sure you have a lot of good options in that price range. People with better overall knowledge should be here soon enough to give you better advice.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by Kilmarnockblues
Why? what's so good about them?

Well apart from Tool and Soundgarden the bands you listed use british voiced amps, mostly Marshalls and the DSL/TSL series is the archetypal Marshall high-gain sound.

Something like this would suit you I think:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-tsl-601/276

or this:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/marshall-dsl401/283

Or for a slightly different flavour go the Orange route:

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/rk30c-rockerverb/12467
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Don't go for the TSL, there are better Marshall's out there. I would recommend a used Marshall JCM 800 or if you'd rather buy new a Traynor YCV50 Blue or an Orange Rocker 30 but I'm not sure about Traynor availability in the UK
My Rig
>MIM Fender Stratocaster and SX SJM-62
>various magicial noise boxes
>Peavey Classic 50 212

For the funk:
>Ibanez ATK300
>Acoustic B100
Quote by red star
Don't go for the TSL, there are better Marshall's out there. I would recommend a used Marshall JCM 800 or if you'd rather buy new a Traynor YCV50 Blue or an Orange Rocker 30 but I'm not sure about Traynor availability in the UK

Rocker 30 and Traynor YCV50 both seem to be top of the list to me too.

AFAIK MIrep are the UK distributors for Traynor (and Dimarzio, got my pickups from them)

http://mirep.co.uk/

The website is under construction but it's worth sending Steve an email to see if he has a dealer list.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
let's see 1000 Euros is a lot, or is it quid? If it's Euros I'd go with a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe series combo.

If it's quid I'd say the Crate Flexwave series, great SS amp. Retains it's balls as you turn it up. I even found the clipping of the clean channel to be quite tasteful, unlike most SS amps I've played.
I got some good guitars, yo.
£1000 quid is a hell of a lot more than 1000E...

Can you squeeze a Rockerverb 50 into that budget? That'd be perfect...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
£1000 quid is a hell of a lot more than 1000E...

Can you squeeze a Rockerverb 50 into that budget? That'd be perfect...

Maybe used but they're like £1135 new.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Yeah I thought it may be a bit much & I couldn't be bothered to check the price

Still, used may be worth considering.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I'd get something by Orange. They can play pretty much anything.
Yep, I second the used Rockerverb 50 - there was one on ebay not so long ago for about £650
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
For those bands JCM 800 or DSL 50. Oh you can get great deals on Marshall DSL 50/100 heads if willing to go used. The JCM 800 IS the classic sound and the DSL takes you there, yet offers even better cleans and higher gain.
where is kilmarnock compared to edinburgh and glasgow? if you aren't too far, it'd be worth a trip to either of those to guitar guitar...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?