Way to high man. You need to lower them for a better sound, tone and for easier play
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
Alright thank you. How do i fix this problem though? Should i post another pic?
Tools?
yea sorry ive never had this problem. I would start another thread on it.
Quote by vmanoman
damn....thats nuts. 2 nuts in fact. anyway, all that happened to me was i fell up a flight of stairs....like not up a few steps, but tripped at the bottom and fell up the entire flight.....
What kind of guitar do you have an aria?
Quote by vmanoman
buy a set of lighter strings. swap out one at a time, the neck will relax for you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
you can fret the Low E on the first fret, at the same time,
fret the Low E on the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th

if the string is more than a credit cards thickness up from the fretwire there, you probably have too much neck bend and can do with an adjustment.

so measure and repost if you want to
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

I checked it and it was ok. What do you suggest? I really want a qucik fix. i am terribly impatient
well with acoustics, the next step would be sanding the saddle. do you really want to do that?

i mean, you'll need to take off the strings to get it done anyway,

i can explain. but u'll need to take ur time shaving the bottom of the saddle, because if you shave too much, you might pick up fretbuzz along the entire board.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

if your action seems high, and you are playing with medium gauge strings right now, (a store can check if you bring it in) then if you put light strings on, the neck will relax a little and the strings will sit closer to the neck.

when you measured, how far from the fretwire was the string? could you fit a medium pick in the space?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

the strings go from low action (near the not) and very high at higher frets. highest past fretboard.
well, when there's no space, that means the neck is very straight or back bowed.

so the lighter gauge wont help anyway.

and probably, adjusting the truss rod wont help the action feel either.

probably your best be is going to be filing the saddle.

i'm really not sure that you'll be able to do it, not because the filing is dificult, but because, afterwards the guitar will need additional adjustments to compensate for 1. taking off the strings and 2. the new string height.

and it might cause more problems than you want.

you can, attempt this, and ill talk you thru it. (be warned, depends on ur ability)
or you can bring it into a shop, get advice from someone looking at the actual guitar.

what type of guitar is it? starter, or intermediate?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

i was just wondering, because sometimes a starter is going to have high action.

it's not always a "bad" thing, unless it really affects the way you play.

anyway, if you want to work on the guitar, by taking off strings, and filing the saddle, then i suggest you buy the new set of strings first. you dont want to leave a guitar unstrung for too long.

and while you're at a shop, you might as well get an estimate from a tech as far as, what he thinks might be the best string gauge, for that guitar.

if that's not possible because you arent near a shop, and you want to try shaving the saddle, then i suggest you buy light/medium gauge strings, a find a sheet of sandpaper, a pencil, masking tape, and a little ruler, then repost.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

thanks ill buy the strings and get an estimate. It just very annoying how high the strings are at the high end. I cant even bend without my fingers going under the strings. I also have an epi les paul and i can fret and bend with ease.
yeah some acoustics are like that.

lighter strings will bend easier and usually sit closer to the board. i'm just afraid that you'll pick up fret buzz after the swap.

and even that is ok, if you know how to adjust the truss rod correctly, but it's a lot of work, for a first time "adjuster".

anyway, i'll check back if you repost, to see how you want to handle it.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62