Over in Musician Talk, we've had "jams" that've worked pretty well, and I thought the CR forum could try one of their own.

The premise is this: one user makes a backing track with a (relatively) simple chord progression, and posts it on dmusic. People download the track, record a solo over it, and we string all the solos together in one "jam". It's non-competitive, and it's a cool way for people to see each other's playing.

Plus, classic rock is full of repetitive, simple backgrounds for soloing! Here's where forum members are needed. If people would like to do this, we need to decide on a song. We could try something like Cocaine or Voodoo Child, or slightly more complex stuff like Since I've Been Loving You.

If you're interested in this (and I hope most of you are!) please post some song ideas in this thread. If enough people want to do it, I'll post a new thread with a poll, and we can use that to decide on a backing track.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
sounds awesome. Yeah something easy and repetitive like cocaine would work really well. That way beginners won't have too hard of a time.

EDIT: some more suggestions:
Slave - The Rolling Stones
Come Together - The Beatles
Funk #49 - Joe Walsh
Last edited by master at Jun 13, 2008,
sounds like a cool idea, here are a few songs:

Led Zeppelin - The Ocean
Jimi Hendrix - All Along the Watchtower
The Kinks/Van Halen - You Really Got Me
ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
La Grange by ZZ Top would work pretty well for this too.
Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
and I double for La Grange
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR