Ok so im taking the ACT tomorrow. I dont really need to take it, as community colleges dont require them but I decided to take it anyway, mostly out of curiousity of how ill do. Now, I haven't studied at all since school got out (mostly being busy with my job and stuff, and also out of being lazy, I admit). Can anyone offer some advice? I dont remember if wrong answers count or whether or not you answer ones you dont know....and do I bring anything other than a pencil and calculator?
thanks
I'm taking them tomorrow too and I'm pretty sure they say to answer all the questions, even if you need to guess. And besides pencil and calculator bring yo' ticket and ID
bring more than one pencil...for safety purposes...I brought 4 I think cause I'm paranoid.

otherwise, you will probably be pressed for time. I am an all AP/honors student who takes concurrent college classes thru my high school and when I took the ACT I was barely finishing. The questions werent that hard for me, just time was low

even with that said, the best thing to do is to take your time, skip questions that you know you don't know, and don't watch the clock. if you are that time oriented, bring a wristwatch. they take your cells at the beginning. and make sure its off or you get booted from the test and you just lost you money.

have fun
taking them tomorrow

Admission Ticket
Valid ID (school or gov)
#2 Pencils (bring a few)
Calculator... anything under a TI-89

answer everything
There aren't guessing penalties, make sure to bubble in everything. If you have to think about the problem, skip it, there will be time later (mainly for maths and science). Read fast. Most kids either do "questions > skim and look for the answers" or "read fast, but accurate > answer questions". I do the latter.
Well I have 2 calculators that I used depending on what problems they were best with. A TI30 IIB and a TI 30XA. Which one should i bring? Or would i be allowed to use both?
Answer every question: wrong answers don't count against you.
Do bring a calculator.
For the reading section: read fast, but still retain information. It's hard to get done in time.
And don't spend too much time on any questions, for some of them, you finish with what seems like 1,000,000 minutes left, and for some of them, you may not finish at all.
And...Science portion is the worst...I've never met anyone who found it easy.
It's mostly just boring though, as you can only sit there and doodle when you're done, no books or anything.

Calculators:
You can use anything without a QWERTY keyboard. I'd bring both to be safe, though.
Quote by FunkyFire
Ok so im taking the ACT tomorrow. I dont really need to take it, as community colleges dont require them but I decided to take it anyway, mostly out of curiousity of how ill do. Now, I haven't studied at all since school got out (mostly being busy with my job and stuff, and also out of being lazy, I admit). Can anyone offer some advice? I dont remember if wrong answers count or whether or not you answer ones you dont know....and do I bring anything other than a pencil and calculator?
thanks

If you don't know it guess......I don't ever study for anything at school and I made a 23 my first time.....

EDIT: For reading you probably don't even need to read the whole passage, read the question then skim through for the answer....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by xcynicx
Answer every question: wrong answers don't count against you.
Do bring a calculator.
For the reading section: read fast, but still retain information. It's hard to get done in time.
And don't spend too much time on any questions, for some of them, you finish with what seems like 1,000,000 minutes left, and for some of them, you may not finish at all.
And...Science portion is the worst...I've never met anyone who found it easy.
It's mostly just boring though, as you can only sit there and doodle when you're done, no books or anything.

Calculators:
You can use anything without a QWERTY keyboard. I'd bring both to be safe, though.

Science is the easiest section! All you have to do is read graphs and charts. If you can do that, you are set.

Reading is the hardest
Quote by lordofthefood1
Science is the easiest section! All you have to do is read graphs and charts. If you can do that, you are set.

Reading is the hardest

I plowed through Reading....I made a 28.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls