Why Marijuana Is Illegal

Is this why you thought marijuana became illegal?

I thought marijuana became illegal because of racisim or something like that but it goes way past that.

To the reporters and mod's

Yes I know there is a so-called "drug thread"

Yes I know I'm supposed to post stuff like this there.

But I'm trying to keep things Fresh.

I hope everyone gets a chance to read it before one of you reports it.

F***ing pitiful that y'all (you all) think you have to report everything.
wat
Last edited by ForrestS at Jun 13, 2008,
pot is only illegal because anyon can grow it so the government cant make a profit like on alchol/cigarretes
Tim Henson 08

Studies have shown that 92% of guitar players are close-minded. Copy this into your signature if you're part of the 8% who enjoy rap.
Not interesting.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Brad52
pot is only illegal because anyon can grow it so the government cant make a profit like on alchol/cigarretes

Anyone can grow tabacco, and it doesn't take a genius to make liquor.
Quote by Chobes
Anyone can grow tabacco, and it doesn't take a genius to make liquor.

Yeah, you can brew your own beer. And grow your own tobacco plants if you wanted to.
wat
that's no fun
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by Brad52

+1

pot is easy to grow
Quote by guitar/bass76
Not relevant to my interests.

In my consciousness and reality it is, its all a matter of opinion.

How is allowing government to control what you can and can't put in your body not interesting?

Unless you live in the Netherlands, then I can see why you would not care.
wat
Quote by ForrestS
In my consciousness and reality it is, its all a matter of opinion.

How is allowing government to control what you can and can't put in your body not interesting?

Unless you live in the Netherlands, then I can see why you would not care.

I live in the U.S., and i don't care that they control what I put into my body, but if they're gonna make pot illegal, they may as well do alcohol and tobacco also.

I don't care 'cause it's not my thing, just because I don't feel like destroying brain cells, but to each his own.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
Last edited by ratmblink123 at Jun 13, 2008,
Quote by ForrestS

It's not as if I'm one to change how or what they do - so why fight it? It's illegal, so are a lot of things, I'm not really one to question why - but I also don't really care for the reasons, whatever they are.
it wasn't really that interesting
sorry bud
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Quote by ratmblink123
I live in the U.S., and i don't care that they control what I put into my body, but if they're gonna make pot illegal, they may as well do alcohol and tobacco also.

I don't care 'cause it's not my thing, just because I don't feel like destroying brain cells, but to each his own.

ahh the ignorance is blinding!!

you've fallen victim to the disinformation, pot itself doesn't kill brain cells, lack of oxygen from smoking it does. you'd lose just as many brain cells if not more from just holding your breath for the amount of time you hold in a hit. and by that logic, cigarettes also kill brain cells, but they regenerate just like any other cell on your body (except for nerve cells).

I completely fine with your choice not to do drugs but in the future please don't spread information like this unless you have a reliable source.
Quote by ForrestS
Yeah, you can brew your own beer. And grow your own tobacco plants if you wanted to.

You can't sell your own beer without a license.
Quote by Godsmack_IV
ahh the ignorance is blinding!!

you've fallen victim to the disinformation, pot itself doesn't kill brain cells, lack of oxygen from smoking it does. you'd lose just as many brain cells if not more from just holding your breath for the amount of time you hold in a hit. and by that logic, cigarettes also kill brain cells, but they regenerate just like any other cell on your body (except for nerve cells).

I completely fine with your choice not to do drugs but in the future please don't spread information like this unless you have a reliable source.

Actually, Brain cells don't regenerate. Every person has a set amount of brain cells from birth and you lose them as life goes by similar to tiny hairs in your ears that allow you to hear. Because they can't regenerate it's the reason why most old people lose hearing and get problems like memory loss ect.. So really no when you kill your brain cells they aren't just going to come back, they're gone.
My Rig:

Guitars:
Schecter C-1 Classic (Deep Sea Green)
Jackson DK2M Snow White Edition
BC Rich Mockingbird Special X

Amps:
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 212
Roland Microcube

RIP Kevin Robert Swerdfiger
September 15 1991 - May 16 2008
ahhh my bad then, this kids is why you need reliable sources...

I'll edit in a reliable source once I find it, but I'm fairly certain marijuana itself doesn't kill brain cells.

Government experts now admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells.(8) This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis.(9) This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research(10) and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.(11) Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology.(12) Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence.(13) It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

source

oh and lack of oxygen would take a few minutes before causing any damage. so there you go, marijuana isn't going to make you brain dead as is often advertised.
Last edited by Godsmack_IV at Jun 13, 2008,